Chapter 17

Maggie looked to the empress, holding the precious newborn.

"She's just perfect." Maggie squealed, excited for Katella.

Her eyes slowly fluttered and then she took her newborn daughter in her arms.

"She is absolutely perfect, a little ray of hope in this unsettling world." Kqatella said, cooing over the child. Then turning to look at Maggie, "Put on some pixie brew while I try to feed her," She instructed.

"Yes miss,' She replied, nodding and scurrying off to the kitchen.

Katella cradled the child, moving her into the standard feeding position. She wanted little Ralvania to be a strong and healthy child from the start. It was hard to believe she'd made something so precious and innocent. It was surreal, a moment ago she thought she'd been closer to death than motherhood. Now she had this adorable little being in her arms.

An hour later, Maggie returned with a tray of pixie brew, fruit and bread. Glancing at the empress, she smiled and set the tray down.

"How do you feel?" She inquired.

"I feel a little of everything. Tired and excited, Aches, pains along withy joy and fear." She stated.

"May I hold her while you have a cup?"

"That would be nice of you, yes." Katella replied.

"Thank you miss." She said, pouring a cup of the brew and then taking the newborn child in her arms. Then she looked to the lady of the castle.

"This will be interesting, watching her grow, seeing her powers emerge over time." Maggie pointed out.

"Yes."

"If you need anything the first few nights, just ask. If you need help with the babe or just to talk." Maggie offered.

"That means a lot to me," She said sipping on the brew.

"Have you chosen her name yet?"

"Yes, it's Ralvania." Katella said proudly.

"I like it. A strong empowering name." Maggie said to her as she rocked the baby.