Chapter 14

That evening the empress rested, trying not to worry about giving birth or handling motherhood. All she wanted to know is that everything would be fine and that she'd be okay. Maggie would help her with the baby. Letting out a deep sigh, the empress slowly rose from the huge soft bed and got up. Leaving the bedchamber, she strolled through the castle, eventually wandering to the library. She wanted to meditate, there was a serious need to clear her thoughts. She sat there in the library with white candles all around her, brightening up the room just enough as she spent the next hour and a half trying to relax her mind and soul.

Then a light knock came to the door and Maggie poked her head into the room.

"Did you wish to be alone, miss?" She asked.

"No, why do you ask?" The empress asked with a puzzled expression.

"Because I brought pixie brew, tea and dessert." She replied, holding up a large silver tray.

"How kind, please enter." The empress said to her.

Maggie nodded and came into the library with the tray of hot drinks, muffins, enchanted cake and crescent moon cookies.

"May I have tea with you?" Maggie inquired.

"You don't have to ask." The empress replied. Maggie smiled and sat down, letting the empress choose first.

Katella had tea, a slice of cake and a few of the crescent moon cookies, frosted dark pink and white.

Maggie had a muffin with a cup of the tea. After a few minutes of quiet, Maggie broke the silence.

"How have you been feeling today?"

"Overwhelmed and tired, but okay." The empress replied sipping the tea.

"Has she been kicking often?" Maggie asked.

"Not that often."

"It'll be soon." She said.

"I think you're right." Katella replied, taking a bite of the cookie.

The two of them talked over teas for the next hour, mainly about the new soul that would be arriving any night now.