Chapter 45

By mid morning the young empress had changed three times before choosing a deep purple lace velvet gown. She looked older than twelve, she thought. Then turning around, opened her bed chamber door and hurried down the stairs, to find Maggie in the parlor, waiting for her.

"Well don't you look amazing," She said.

"Aww thanks, are we ready?" Ralvania asked her.

"Yes, Soranto is in the courtyard, waiting." Maggie explained.

"Ooh, is it time to go?" She squealed, unable to contain her happiness.

Maggie nodded and followed her out into the courtyard; where the dragon sat, staring at them.

"Are you two ready to go yet?' He said, dryly.

The empress hugged him quickly; then climbed up and waited for Maggie to do the same.

"Happy birthday little empress." He told her.

"Oh thank you." She responded.

"Are you ready to go now?" He replied.

"Whenever you are, yes." She said to him.

Spreading his wings and leaping up, taking off with intense speed. He enjoyed flying with the young one. He could fly there and back in his sleep he'd done it so often. He flew faster than usual, but didn't show off. He wasn't sure that Maggie could handle him spinning through the clouds like a winged comet through space.