Chapter 26

As they stood there, Soranto moved closer to them; wanting to console the now orphaned empress. After a long moment little Ralvania looked up to them.

"Now what's going to happen?"

"I'll care for you until you're old enough to take on being an empress of sorcery." Maggie said to her, trying not to cry in the process.

"If you wish she can stay here for a few nights." The queen offered, she felt heart broken for the poor child.

"I think that it would be good for her. It's extremely kind of you." Maggie responded.

"Melinda why don't you two head to the kitchen for a snack, you can have whatever you'd like." The queen instructed her daughter.

Melinda nodded and grabbed Ralvania by the hand.

"Come on we'll find something good."

Ralvania nodded through the tears and went with her. Once they were inside, Maggie turned to the fairy queen.

"Thank you." She said. 

"Of course. If you need help, just send for us." The queen told her and King Edmond nodded in agreement.

"Thank you. The gnomes and dwarves are getting together to help with the repairs in Goblin's Hollow. It's all we can do now." Maggie said to them.

"Let me know if there's more trouble, I'll send my warriors." The king offered.

"I will, but for now I must return." Maggie said and they told her goodbye.