Chapter 27

Over the next couple of days, young Ralvania was off in the fairy realm as Maggie ran herself ragged. Trying to stay busy just to keep from crying anymore. It had been a horrific tragedy. The poor little empress, she thought while cleaning the castle. Maggie had done as many repairs to the castle that were possible, then took care of all the arrangements for Katella's wake.

This was going to be hard on the young one, the castle didn't need to look like a disaster, too. There had been more than enough to keep her busy, even though the castle wasn't that dirty. She kept dusting and arranging and re arranging everything.

It felt strange to her; being here without the mistress Katella. As if it felt wrong to touch her things, in the library more than anywhere else. Maggie could almost sense Katella's spirit lingering in the room.

There were so many different things flying around her mind as she tried avoiding intense grief she felt for a person that was more like a sister to her. She got up and strolled to the kitchen, making a pot of pixie brew. Her thoughts began to bounce around a little more.

Was she even fit to raise the young empress? Would she be able to teach her magick? There were thousands of questions stabbing at her. Not just of Ralvania, but what of those in Goblin's Hollow? What if those underworld gremlins attack again? What if we can't fight them off? Divine ancestral spirits, what was she supposed to do? What could she do?

Maggie desperately feared she couldn't handle this as the pixie brew was ready for consumption. She still put out two mugs. A small tribute to Katella's memory.

"I'll never forget you," Maggie whispered as a few tears began to slip away...