Chapter 145

Chapter 145

Several days later, long after the festival and Melinda was back home in the fairy realm, Soranto grunted just outside the office window.

Walking across the room then poking her head out of the window, she smiled.

"Yes, dragon?"

"I have a message here for you."

"Oh I wasn't expecting one, who sent it?"

"From the Newt." He replied, handing her the envelope and with a simple nod, slowly walked back to his cave.

Strange she thought, taking the envelope back to her desk. Sitting down, pouring a fresh cup of pixie brew. Intrigued and excited, she loved hearing from him. Slowly taking a sip of the brew, then opening the envelope to see what he needed to tell her. Looking over it carefully she read the message.

Dear empress,

One of the other forest guardians came across the hybrid vampire. There is nothing to fret over, but the guardian found out he's a half warlock half vampire. His name is Salem. He was only passing through to get supplies. No trouble here. I have sent this same information to Melinda. I miss you both.

Newt

She let out a sigh of relief, in the back of her mind she'd been worried. She'd never really been fond of vampires. Her concern was if there were vampires on the loose in his territory, Goblin's Hollow might be the next logical target. After thinking it over, deciding this needed to go into the spell book.. In case this creature were to cause issues later on.