Chapter 58

A few nights later, books sprawled across the bed. The lavender candle burning bright on the two drawer oak night stand. The empress was lost in her studies and the small book she found in the office. Reading through the Emergency magickal book one more time, finally she'd found it. There was the spell she'd been looking for.

The passage before the spell mentioned the black smoke, releasing nightmare demons across the land.

It would definitely be considered an emergency, she thought reading over the passage and the spell. Another thought occurred, perhaps that's what had caused her nightmares? Was that how they recruited souls from good to evil?

Taking a long deep breath, re-reading it one more time; the empress focused all of her inner light on the incantation, then performing the spell, someone appeared before her. A tall muscular dark haired man stood before her. He was big like a mountain man.

"Hi... Who are you?"

"I'm your soul warrior," He said.

"What does that mean?"

"I'm like a spirit guide or guardian being, I step in when you need me." He replied.

"What's your name, Incase I need you again."

"Pick one for me..."

"You don't have a name? That doesn't make sense."

"Be that as it may, pick one so I can take care of these nightmare demons."

"Let me think."

"Put it in your book of shadows." He suggested.

"Thank you I should have thought of that on my own."

"In time you will."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Do you think I'm supposed to be a dark empress?"

"No, I know you aren't, but you do need the enchantment of light ritual performed. It renounces evil from your aura."

She wrote that down quickly along with the name that came to her out of nowhere."

"I think I'll call you Darvin."

"I'll return to you when the nightmare demons are eradicated from this realm." He said then vanished right before her eyes.