Chapter 54

A few minutes later, the princess returned with a boy. She couldn't tell if he were of her own race or not. She could sense magick coming from his captivating tangerine eyes. He had pointed ears, she noticed them ponting out from his long straight dark chestnut hair. Tall and thin, the boy was slightly taller than the empress herself.

Ralvania flashed a little smile and he in turn returned the favor.

"Ralvania this is Zionn, an elf warlock," Melinda told her, then turned to him.

"Zionn this is the empress of Goblin's Hollow."

"Hi there... would you like to sit with us?" Maggie offered.

"Sure he replied, grabbing the seat next to the birthday girl.

"Hi there.... Oh and happy birthday, you're twelve right?" He asked.

"Yes, how old are you?" She inquired.

"I'll be fifteen in about four moons." He told her.

"Do you drink fairy brew?"

"I'd love a cup with you."

Maggie got up and poured a cup, setting it on the table in front of him.

"Thank you,"

Maggie nodded, then took a spot next to the fairy queen.

After a few minutes, she turned to look at the elf warlock...

"Thanks for coming to my party."

"Of course... I have known Melinda a few seasons now... She speaks highly of you, often." Zion told her.

"She's my best friend, but more like a sister to me."

Then there was a tapping sound on the castle door, then another. Within the hour, the dining hall was half filled with creatures of different races. As the festivities began, she was introduced to so many others, she couldn't remember half of them.

There had been quite a few fairies and royal fairies, she'd remembered one of them, Bridget and another one, Tianna. Oh and an elven fae named Gia. It had gotten overwhelming and a little confusing. There were gnomes, imps and trolls, there was even a seer at the party. It was believed they didn't just tell your future, but could reveal your fate. It may be a good idea to talk to her, if she got the chance. She'd met a dwarf fairy, and even a few mage imps as well.

A moment later they brought out her birthday cake, a twelve tier layer cake decorated with lavender frosting, happy birthday written on it in silver. It was one of the biggest cakes she'd seen.