Chapter 50

"Trixie, can you give me a few minutes?" She asked.

Trixie nodded, then found a soft patch of grass warmed by the sunlight and waited for the empress.

Ralvania gave a slow nod and turned, wading in the water and then behind the waterfall. Then nothing happened. She wasn't sure how to activate it.. After a few minutes she thought about it, and tried a guess.

"I want my mother, empress Katella." She said loud and clear.

The glitter gold sparkles hit the sunlight causing a bright spark, then there in front of her, stood her mother's ghost.

She almost didn't believe it for a few seconds, then looked to the soul of her mother.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm in the spirit world, waiting for my next life." She said.

"I miss you so much." She said, tearing up a little.

"I miss you too..Is everything okay?" Her mother asked.

"Mostly.. I think I'm supposed to be a dark empress...I'm having nightmares, evil ones......and I found a chest in the hidden catacombs." She fired the words off like a machine gun.

"Tell me you didn't open it."

"I did." She admitted, feeling like an idiot.

"It's okay, you're not evil. Did you release a ball of black dust?" She asked.

Ralvania nodded.

"Okay you aren't evil. The dust were nightmare gremlins, they are supposed to cause nightmares..go through the spellbooks again." She said.

"Really?" The empress said.

"The spell won't last long. I love you always and have a great birthday." She said, then began to fade into nothing. It was if she'd imagined it all. Then she remembered the party that she was missing right now.

"Trixie, thank you. We have to get back." She said in a serious tone then wading through the pool and back on dry land.