Chapter 10

She wanted to just run, get back home to her empty castle, for now. The castle was to be her home, sanctuary from the outside world. With her mate gone forever; it felt more like a prison of memories. So many plans they'd made that would never happen; now that some gremlin decided to change that for her. If she ever found the gremlin that robbed her of their life together it wouldn't be good.......for the gremlin. As the empress of sorcery, she understood it would be best to let it go, karmatically that is. She knew it wasn't just his passing, but now she had to pick her self up and move through it for the baby's sake. The little one was innocent. She shook her head as if to make all of her thoughts cease, if only for a moment.

Then she felt the baby move around several times before settling back down again.

"It'll be okay, I promise," She said to the unborn child.

She went swiftly down the pathway, but didn't run for fear of over doing it. She'd been feeling a lot of aches and pains more than usual. If the seer is right, she would have the little one sooner than expected, but how soon? She didn't mean hurry home because the child was on the way now? The thought scared her a little. She'd not chosen a girl's name yet, she'd have to figure that out sooner than later.

She took a deep breath and walked on, as it wasn't much further when the castle came into view. She breathed a sigh of relief, as the sun was starting to go down for the night. She stopped for just a moment, it had been a long enough walk there and back, but it had been pleasant. Time in the forest seemed to soothe her soul. Something needed to, she felt better but still a little lost.

After a few minutes of a rest she walked the rest of the way to her castle, stopping at the door a minute, glad to be home again.

Slowly opening the door, she breathed deeply. Then walked down the hall until reaching the library. Opening the door, she was happy to be back to her favorite room. Taking a few minutes to relax first, then she rang for Maggie.

Ten minutes passed when the girl showed up, with a tray for her.

"I'm glad you're back," Maggie told her.

"Thank you, sit and have a cup with me." Katella offered and she nodded, sitting quickly.

"You're welcome, I enjoy your conversations over tea. It helps." The empress told her.

"Me too. How was the seer?" She asked, pouring the tea.

"Things went well. She told me the baby's a girl." Katella told her.

"Aww, that's wonderful." She exclaimed.

The empress nodded to her.