Chapter 65

(Brendon's POV)

I looked around the bland room I used to call my bedroom. I was very surprised that Sarah even came to help me. In all honesty, I thought she would blow me off.

That's definitely another good trait of hers. She's always willing to help. The plan was to make her think that I was coping with the death in the family.

In reality, I was getting the house prepped for whenever I have to move. My secret is going to come out eventually and I want to be prepared for that.

"So, how's work been?" Sarah looked over, wiping the faint sheet of sweat off of her forehead. "It's been good. I mean, the office has gotten quieter since a lot of co-workers are moving to a different branch, but it's all good."

I nodded. "I've missed you over the past few days. I know I should've called or something, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so."

Sarah waved me off and shook her head. "When are you going to realize that you don't have to call me, Brendon? I understand that you're going through something and that you need space."

I pursed my lips and gave her a curt nod. I didn't think this plan would work out so well. "I'm sorry, Sarah. I just don't to make it seem like I'm pushing you away."

She laughed and shook her head again. God, I'm whipped for this woman. That bright smile of hers always managed to make me melt.

"I know you're not. That's why I didn't contact you. Trust me, Brendon. You don't have to please me always." I smiled, then placed a little peck on her lips.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" Sarah nodded and smiled even bigger. "Of course, I do. I love you as well." This was perfect. Everything between us was perfect.

She was the one. "We've been going at this for quite some time. How about I go get us some drinks?" Sarah nodded, enjoying the thought of it.

"Yeah, that'd be nice." I nodded, placing a kiss on the top of her head before walking out of the room. I began to hum myself a tune, happily nodding my head along to the beat of it.

As soon as I got into the kitchen, I began to pull out two cups for the both of us. I walked all over the room as I searched for the ingredients I needed for the margaritas I was about to make.

Once I had everything I needed, I began to make the drinks. I heard a couple of noises coming from upstairs, but I knew it was just Sarah moving some of the things around.

Once I was done, I made my way back upstairs with a large smile on my face. I couldn't wait to see the look on Sarah's face when she saw that I made her favorite drink.

I turned to go into the room, but stopped when I saw Sarah with a paper in her hand. Her eyes were wide and when she sensed my presence, she looked up at me in horror.

"Brendon, what is this?" She turned the paper around, revealing a picture of Ralph with a large X across the picture.

Oh, no. "W-What do you mean?" Sarah dropped the picture and took a shaky breath in.

"You killed Ralph, didn't you?"