Chapter 35

I parked in my driveway, looking up to see Sarah standing in front of the garage. I softly smiled at her, glad that she decided to come over. When I called her earlier, it seemed like she was busy and stressed out.

I opened my car door, my smile growing wider as I looked at her. God, she was breathtaking. "Hey, Bren. How are you doing?" I chuckled, shutting my door. 

"Pretty good. How about yourself?" Sarah shrugged, her smile immediately making me feel calmer than I was. "I've been peachy. Why'd you call me over?"

I felt the nervousness return and I took a deep breath in. "I-I just wanted to say that-" Sarah laughed, shaking her head. "I know what you did, Bren. Maddie called me not too long ago."

I rolled my eyes. How the hell were they already good friends when they just met at the party the other day? "What the hell?"

Sarah moved closer to me. "Listen, girls just connect faster than you think." I rolled my eyes once again as she brought her lips to mine. This all felt so right.

I was back with the girl I loved. We broke away from the kiss, smiling as we looked into each other's eyes. "I love you, Bren."

I smirked, leaning in, so our foreheads were pressed together. "I love you too, baby." Sarah giggled as I placed a little kiss on her lips.

I backed away, putting my hands in my pocket. "I think we should start over. Would you like to go on a date with me this Friday?"

Sarah blushed, biting her lip. "I would love to." I smiled from ear to ear. This was all so insane to me, but I didn't care. This was happening and nothing was going wrong for once.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go to work, Brendon. I'll catch up with you later, alright?" I nodded, kissing her on the cheek before she left me alone with my thoughts.

I would make sure that nothing got in our way this time. I wouldn't let anyone ruin our chances. Not again.