Chapter 50

I never called in sick for work. That's why I was hoping that Killian didn't question why I wouldn't be at work. If anything, I should just be just get the day off and I'd be back tomorrow.

Plus, I wasn't going to let Ralph take advantage of Sarah while I was at work. Fuck no. Sarah had left early this morning to go and get ready for work.

As soon as she left, I called up Dallon for a little help. I was given a couple of time maps telling me where Ralph would be at said estimated times. 

I had no way to check this, so I just had to stick with it and hope it was close to being right. Today, I was going to do a bit of stalking. Once I catch Ralph in a good spot, I'll be sure to kill him.

This all needs to end and this was long overdue. Sarah and I belong together and it shouldn't be this hard to see it. I pulled the jacket onto my shoulders and looked in the mirror.

My appearance reminded me of what I looked like in college. I had on a plaid jacket, a band shirt, and black ripped jeans. I shivered at the thought of college.

Those weren't the best times like everyone said they would be. I guess I shouldn't listen to what people say anymore about stuff like that.

I pulled out the itinerary and matched the time up with the watch on my wrist. At around this time, Ralph would be heading out for lunch with a couple of co-workers.

Great. I took a deep breath in and grabbed my keys. I just had to find a way to get Ralph alone. There's no doubt he'll know it's me when he sees me. This disguise is only to blend in with the crowd.

I drove off, fiddling with the channels on the radio. There was nothing good on as usual. Half of the channels play the same songs in the span of an hour.

I need to invest in an aux cord or something. I can't listen to Justin Bieber sing about being sorry anymore. I huffed and decided that it would be best to not have the radio on.

It's better to concentrate on my thoughts anyway. I still couldn't pin why Ralph made that signal to me all those years ago. I barely talked to the guy, but when I did, it was always a quick conversation.

None of my friends talked to him either. Maybe this was all just a misunderstanding and he thought I was someone else. That's always a possibility.

 I was getting closer and closer to the inner city and I knew it would be hard to find Ralph. Of course, I first thought that the itinerary would say something about where he goes to lunch, but I was completely wrong.

I mean, I could always call Dallon and ask him, but I've bothered him enough already. I shook my head, watching as people decided to cross the street in front of traffic.

There's obvious reasons as to why the invention of traffic lights were made, along with crosswalks. It'd be nice if people could actually use them correctly.

I pulled over to the curb, not wanting to deal with people cutting in front of me. I didn't want to kill an innocent person. I got out of my car and began looking.

Sarah's work was about a block down from where I was, so Ralph had to be somewhere in this area. I bit my lip, getting caught up in one of those large crowds of business people.

It's safe to say that I don't blend in at all with this crowd. I sighed, listening to a loud business woman talk on her phone about her stock prices.

I looked everywhere. I made sure to keep my eyes open because it was so easy to miss a single detail in the city. And, that's when I noticed him.

The itinerary was right about him being with a couple of co-workers, but that wouldn't stop me. I watched as he walked into the Jimmy John's. 

It's game on now.