Chapter 47

"Do you have any certain feelings towards Ralph?" Sarah shook her head, fiddling with her hands. "Why would I? The guy practically freaks me out."

I nodded, believing her. I haven't brought up the email to her just yet, but I would soon. I didn't want to rush her into any of this. 

"I'm planning on talking to my boss tomorrow about him. I just get the feeling that he's always watching me and it doesn't sit right with me at all."

I clenched my jaw, spacing out as she went on. Ralph was a threat to our future. Why is it that everyone comes for Sarah? Fuck.

I rubbed my bottom lip with my thumb, thinking about how we could get out of this without having to use Sarah in the plan.

I couldn't just get some random girl to do it. Hell, I still have to bring up the email. "Hey, Brendon? Are you listening?"

I snapped out of my daze and looked over to her. "Yes, sorry. I was just thinking." She slowly nodded, then sighed. "This whole situation is uncomfortable."

I sat down beside her and rubbed her back. "I know, baby. Trust me, we'll put an end to this." I found myself looking over at the laptop. It was like it was taunting me.

I had to tell her some time and the more I waited on this, it would be harder to tell her about it. "Sarah, I-I need to show you something."

She nodded, watching as I got up to grab the laptop. Within a few moments, I had it up and running, the email sitting on the screen.

Her blue eyes read over it, her jaw slowly dropping. I watched as a shaky hand went to cover her mouth, shaky breaths coming out.

"B-Brendon, w-what is t-this?" I bit my lip, my heart clenching at the sight of her like this. "I don't know, baby, but I promise to keep you safe. I'm not letting him get to you."

Tears fell out of her eyes as she leaned her head against my shoulder. I had returned to rubbing her back, trying to calm her down.

"If you don't mind me telling you, I have a plan." She looked up at me with bloodshot eyes. "W-What's y-your plan?"

She sniffled, wiping her nose with her sleeve. "I was thinking about hiring another girl to get his attention. He's obsessed with you, obviously for who you are. We just have to find a look a like or someone who has close to the same personality as you."

Sarah slowly nodded, processing what I had just said. "H-How would w-we f-find someone l-like me?" I smirked, thinking about my sister.

"My sister has the same personality as you. The only differences are your body types, hair color, and eye color." Sarah nodded.

"If this plan doesn't work, then I'll kil-" I stopped myself, eyes widening. "I mean, I'll get the police involved." Sarah smiled, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you, Bren. You're a lifesaver."