Chapter 29

I sighed, mentally preparing myself before I walked over there. I knew that as soon as I made my presence known, Sarah would do something crazy. Well, maybe I might do that.

I bit my lip, taking a couple steps towards them. It wasn't long before Maddie locked eyes with me, her smile growing wider. "I want you to meet someone, Sarah."

Even over the loud music, I could hear Maddie say that. Oh, how I wanted to go home, but I couldn't because it looked like Maddie was having too much fun.

 Sarah turned to face where Maddie was looking, the smile on her face quickly turning into a frown. "Sarah, this is Brendon. Brendon, this is Sarah."

I chuckled, nervously rubbing the back of my neck. "We've met before. We're neighbors." Maddie nodded, taking another sip of whatever she was drinking. 

"Well, I was just talking to Sarah about the neighborhood since she's a bit new." I nodded, not knowing what to say. This was awful. I hated how we couldn't say a single word to each other.

I mean, it's not like I actually wanted to speak to Sarah. I had nothing to say to her since she decided to cheat on me. Speaking of him, where is he?

I looked around the house, not being able to see him due to the amount of people in here. I raised my drink a bit as if I were pointing, gaining Sarah's full attention.

"Where's your boyfriend, Sarah? I thought I saw you walking in with him earlier." I watched as she looked down at the floor, sadness evident in her eyes.

"He's talking to some of his friends in the living room. I've tried to find him, but I gave up since the house is practically full." 

If you were to see the size of this house, you would believe that it would take ages to fill. Due to my boss knowing so many people, the house fills up not even five minutes into the party.

Maddie tapped me on my arm, pointing over to the drink table. "I'm gonna be over there. I see a couple of my friends over there." I nodded, taking a sip of my drink.

So, it was just her and I now. "How have you been holding up, Sarah?" She shrugged, looking around nervously.

"I've realized my mistake, Brendon. At this point, you're just trying to rub it in my face. What I did was wrong."

I rolled my eyes, getting closer to her. "I'm not trying to rub it in. In fact, I'm very upset with you, but we have to move on at some point. We're both seeing other people at the moment."

Sarah bit her lip, taking in a deep breath. "I'm not exactly in a relationship, Bren." I furrowed my eyebrows, resting my elbow on the counter.

"I'm being used for pleasure. I'm just a toy that Mike uses." I felt my jaw clench. The jealousy and anger began to flow through my body once again.

This is exactly why I didn't want to get near Sarah. She's pulling me back in and there's nothing I can do