Chapter 41

~Sarah's POV~

Walking into work this morning, I had quite the surprise. It all started out pretty normal, some of my co-workers grumbling a 'hello' to me as I walked past them.

Anna, the secretary at the front desk, gave me a cheeky smile, which is something she rarely does. It honestly concerns me because she's always been a bitch to me.

I sighed, turning into my part of the building, seeing John immediately approaching me. "You never told me that you're boyfriend was the kind to give gifts."

I furrowed my eyebrows, my head tilting a little when he said that. The funny thing was, John didn't know about Brendon. In fact, I never told him I had a boyfriend.

"What makes you think I have a boyfriend?" John gave me a sly smile, crossing his arms over his chest. "The bouquet of roses on your desk, along with a note."

I rolled my eyes. Of course, he would be the one to stick his nose into everyone's business cause he likes to gossip. "Did you see who it was from?" He shook his head.

"I just saw the flowers and the envelope, which I'm assuming has a note in it." I nodded, taking a deep breath in. "Well, if you'll excuse me. I have to go see this bouquet of roses."

John waved me off and made his way over to Maria, who was easily irritated with his presence. I bit my lip, noticing the bouquet as soon as I grew closer to my desk.

The scary part about the roses were the fact that they were yellow. Brendon didn't know that and I never really told him the exact building I worked at.

I narrowed my eyes, picking up the envelope. My name was written beautifully in cursive with a gold sharpie.

I took a deep breath and ripped open the card, reading over it carefully. As my eyes read the little poem in the card, I couldn't help but sneak a peek at the name at the bottom.

My heart dropped when I realized that this hadn't been from Brendon. It was Ralph. I gulped, my hands shaking as I slowly turned to face where he was sitting.

His eyes locked with mine as he sipped whatever he was drinking. The gift was nice, don't get me wrong, but how the hell did he know that I liked yellow roses?

Not to mention, I had told him about Brendon when he tried to ask me out. I couldn't keep these. There's no way I'd be able to tell Brendon about this.

Shaking my head, I sat down and pushed the flowers away. I was going to ignore them and give them to someone else at the end of the day.