Chapter 61

(Sarah's POV)

Work was a bit long and stressful, but that was because I had Brendon on my mind. He was hiding something from me and I wasn't going to let that slip away from me.

With him, it was always 'you can't hide anything from me and I'll do the same for you', yet he's doing the exact opposite of that right now.

Amanda smiled at me as I began to pack my things up. "You seem to be in a bit of a rush. Any reason why? Maybe Brendon?" I scoffed, looking up at her with a slight smile.

"It seems like you always know why I'm rushing out of here." She chuckled, typing a few more words. "Well, you two have been a lot together lately, so that's just my basic assumption now."

I nodded and sighed. "I better get going. I have things I need to talk about with Brendon." Amanda smirked, winking at me. "I know exactly what you mean."

I rolled my eyes and said goodbye. As I walked past some of my co-workers, I noticed their stares. I can't blame them, though. I'm a walking mess because of my boyfriend.

(Brendon's POV)

"Why the hell are you here?" Dallon looked behind him, towards Sarah's house. "Hello? Earth to Dallon."

He shook himself out of his daze and pushed me aside to get in the house. "She knows something is up, Brendon." I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding what he meant.

"Who's this 'she' you're talking about?" Dallon looked me in the eyes and took a deep breath. "Sarah. She knows that you're hiding something."

I chuckled. There was no way she could've pieced anything together. I don't know why he's so nervous. "Ok, and how do you know this?"

"She called me earlier today asking me about you. I told her that nothing was up and to just drop it." I rolled my eyes. I knew he freaked out. It was in his nature.

"Well, she hasn't figured out what exactly is up at the moment, so I think we're doing a good job at it. Let's just act like it's been my stress from work."

Dallon shook his head, gulping. "She knows you never stress out over work. Sarah won't buy it." Fuck, this was going to be harder than I thought.

"She's on her way home from work now. Why didn't you just call me?" I ran a hand through my hair nervously. 

"I thought I would come by after work. I have a job, you know." I glared at him, then felt my eyes widen when I heard a car door slam shut.

She's here. Without even knocking, Sarah walked in with a monotoned face. "So, who's going to be the one to tell me what's going on?"

Time to put my acting skills into action. "Nothing. Why? We've just been hanging out since Dallon just got off of work."

Sarah narrowed her eyes and scoffed. "Cut the shit, Brendon. I know you're hiding something and I want to know what. You promised me that we wouldn't hold any secrets from each other."

She's right, but if I were to tell her, she'd leave and call the police. "I'll tell you, but can I do it some time in the near future? I promise to tell you some time this week."

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Maybe. Just know, nothing would make me leave you more than this, Brendon. If you tell me the truth, I promise I'll stay."

Her words ran through my head. She promised, but some people just can't seem to keep promises.