Chapter 5

I threw the junk mail off to the side, growing a bit irritated with how much junk mail I received. That's when I stumbled upon an envelope with my name neatly printed on it.

Did my mind immediately think of Sarah? Yes, of course. Sighing, I placed every other piece of mail on the coffee table, then began to open the envelope. 

I desperately wanted this to be from Sarah and I knew that I would get my hopes up, but I was wrong. My eyes read over her neatly written words. A house warming party.

A smile tugged at the end of my lips as I thought about my chance to get rid of that guy. Did I even care to know his name? Nope. All I truly cared about was Sarah.

I looked over the invitation once more, checking to see when this party was. My smile only grew wider as I read over the date. Tonight.

Well, it seems like I'll have to get ready for what I'm about to do. 

~~~~~~~~

I threw on a flannel over my black t-shirt. I was a bit nervous to go to this party, but I knew that I'd et over it soon enough. Once I was sure I was ready, I made my way over there.

Walking out of my house, I noticed all the cars in front of her house. I clenched my jaw, not too sure if I wanted to go to this party anymore.

If I were to kill that...boyfriend of hers, I'd be caught by someone. I mentally cursed myself, continuing to make my way over to her house.

I was just going to go for it. If I got caught, then so be it. As long as I knew that that guy was out of her life, then that'd be fine with me.

Not even a few steps away from her front porch, I could hear the bass pumping. Maybe I could get away with this murder. I smirked, tapping my knuckles against the oak of the door.

I stood there for a few seconds before she opened the door. I blinked, not believing that Sarah was standing in front of me. God, I'm whipped for this girl and I don't even know her too well.

"Oh, hey, Brendon! I thought you wouldn't show." I shook my head, shoving my hands in my pockets. "I couldn't possibly miss your house party."

Sarah smiled, her hand grabbing my wrist as she pulled me inside of the chaotic mess of a party. As she pulled me along, I bumped into multiple sweaty bodies, but I didn't care.

I was here with Sarah. I bit my lip as she pulled me into the kitchen, coming to a stop when we reached her "boyfriend". 

"Hey, baby. Where'd you run off to?" The man looked over at me suspiciously, eyeing me up and down. "Jason, this is Brendon, my neighbor from across the street."

Neighbor? Ouch, that's a bit degrading. Jason chuckled as a smirk played at his lips. "Nice to meet ya, Brendon. How long have you known Sarah?" 

I wanted to punch him in the face as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Only a few days. She was out greeting the rest of the neighbors."

Jason nodded, not really caring about what I had to say. He looked down at Sarah, kissing her on the cheek. She looked up at him, disgusted a bit.

"If you'll excuse us, Brendon. We've got something waiting for us upstairs." Sarah looked over at me, her eyes pleading for me to help.

Jason grabbed her by the wrist, walking her out of the kitchen. I grabbed Sarah's other arm, causing the two of them to stop.

Jason snarled at me, but I didn't care. I was going to help the girl of my goddamn dreams and he wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it.

"Could ya let go?" I looked over at Jason, locking eyes with him. I shook my head, clearing my throat. "No. It's obvious that she doesn't want to go pleasure you."

Sarah softly smiled at me, but I couldn't stop the anger that was flowing through me. "Let her go before I call the police."

Jason scoffed, looking down at Sarah with a harsh glare. "Let's go, Sarah." Instead of me pulling back, Sarah did, shocking Jason.

"No, Jason. You go pleasure yourself. I'm tired of you just using me cause you're always on and off with your other girlfriend." Woah, that got a little intense.

"Sarah, what are you-" She held up her hand. "Save it. I've seen the messages, Jason. You've been sleeping around with other women. I'm done being used. We're over."

Everyone 'oohed' as Jason clenched his jaw. He looked over to me, growling. "This isn't over, Brendon." As he stormed out of the room, Sarah turned to me with a huge smile on her face.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." I furrowed my eyebrows, then felt her lips press against my cheek.

My jaw dropped a bit as I watched her walk away slowly. "Thank you, for helping me out, Brendon."

Somebody pinch me because I have to be dreaming.