Chapter 49

I plopped down on the bed next to Sarah and stared up at the ceiling. The room was silent besides our heavy breathing. Sarah turned to look at me, a bright smile on her face.

"T-That was...great." I chuckled and propped myself up with my elbow. "Good. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did." I sat up and ran a hand through my messy hair.

God, I wanted to go for a round two, but I knew she was probably tired. I just can't get enough of this woman. "If you're tired, go to sleep, baby. I'll be here to make sure nothing will happen to you."

Her gorgeous smile had shown once again, lighting up the dimly lit bedroom. "Thank you, Brendon." I leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips.

Just as the kiss began to turn into something a little more, there was a knock on the bedroom door. I groaned, mumbling a 'come in'. 

Kara walked through the door and sighed while shaking her head. "Why do you have such a hard time keeping it in your pants, Brendon?"

I rolled my eyes as I heard Sarah giggle a little. "I most certainly can. You just happen to walk in at the most inconvenient times." She rolled her eyes and placed her purse against the wall.

"Well, I thought I had Ralph in the palm of my hand for most of the night, but that turned out to be wrong. He's too wrapped up into being with Sarah."

I clenched my jaw and looked over towards Sarah. "Oh, and he said something about knowing that you set me up with him, so you could keep Sarah."

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. Why can't he fucking understand that she's taken? Sarah is mine and I don't like to share. I thought I made that as clear as day.

"So, what do we do now, Brendon?" I turned to look at Sarah, placing my hand on her cheek. "I'll be taking care of him. Trust me. I don't want you getting hurt, so leave it to me."

She slowly nodded, playing with her fingers. I looked over to Kara, who had been giving me a cold glare. "Brendon, can I talk to you for a moment?"

I nodded, pressing a kiss to Sarah's head before I left the room with Kara. Once the bedroom door was closed, Kara huffed and crossed her arms.

"Don't tell me you're going to kill the man. I thought you made a promise to dad." I rolled my eyes and leaned up against the wall. 

"Well, dad's been gone for quite some time and he did this for mom, too! How come you guys didn't give a damn when he went out to kill when someone got in the way?!"

Kara narrowed her eyes. "Because he learned himself that this shit is wrong. You can't just go and kill whoever you please because you want to be in a relationship with someone. Go to the cops or something."

I chuckled, shaking my head as I looked at the ground. "What am I supposed to tell the cops, huh? Oh, my girlfriend has this creepy guy looking at her?"

Kara took a deep breath in. "I can't go to the cops because the man hasn't done anything wrong. Yes, he may be watching her, but he hasn't pulled anything, yet."

None of us dared to speak, letting the silence consume us. She knew I was right, but she's a stubborn ass of a sister, who doesn't like to admit anything.

"I want nothing to do with this, Brendon. Just realize that this whole process of killing people for love isn't good. You need help."

I watched as she picked up her purse and walked away. I rolled my eyes and made my way back into the room. My eyes immediately looked towards Sarah, who was passed out.

I softly smiled, then climbed into bed next to her. I pulled her closer to me and pressed a kiss to her head. "I would do anything for your love. Make no mistake about that."