Chapter 30

I was shocked and in disbelief. I couldn't believe she just played along with him like that. I would've left Mike in a heartbeat. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Sarah looked into my eyes and I could see the sadness behind them. "You didn't give me the chance to explain. You slammed the door on me and I knew you were upset."

I pursed my lips, thinking about that. I really should've thought before I did that. I mean, yes she hurt me, but she deserved to tell me what was going on.

"I'm honestly sorry about that. I was just upset because you really hurt me and you thought I was stalking you when we happened to be in the same place."

I heard one of the voices in my head snicker as I said that. One of these days, I'll tell her that I actually was stalking her, but I had to build up some trust before I do that.

"Why don't we go somewhere that's quiet?" I nodded, looking back to where Maddie was. Luckily for me, she was still talking to her friends.

I followed Sarah as she made her way upstairs to one of the bedrooms. As I was walking up the stairs, I took a look around the room, immediately noticing Mike.

I rolled my eyes as I watched him grind his hips onto another girl's. I hated men like that. They play girls and pick up STDs. 

Sarah stood in one of the bedrooms, watching as I closed the door behind me. "So, would you like to explain to me what's going on?"

Sarah nodded, taking a seat on the bed. "Over the course of a few years, I fell in love with Mike. Keep in mind, this was a few years ago. As the time went on, I noticed that Mike was a player and didn't want to commit to anything."

She took a deep breath, then let it out. "That didn't stop me, though. I confessed my feelings for him and he told me he didn't feel the same way. That's when he told me that I could help him out."

I clenched my jaw, upset that I wasn't there to help her. I was still in love with her and it did hurt to hear that she had to go through that.

"Sarah, I'm sor-" She shook her head, standing up. "Don't be sorry, Bren. You didn't know about any of it until now. None of this is your fault. It's mine."

I nodded, making my way towards the door. Just as I grabbed the handle, I felt Sarah's hand on my wrist. When I looked back, her lips automatically met mine.

I felt my eyes begin to close, the voices in my head getting louder and louder, telling me that this was wrong. Before I could go any further, I stepped back, looking at Sarah.

"I-I'm sorry, but I'm in a relationship with Maddie."