Chapter 42

Avoiding the flowers was a lot harder than I thought. Not to mention, Ralph kept looking at me throughout the work day. 

Every time I looked over to my right, I could see both him and the flowers. It was almost as if they were taunting me. I shook my head, continuing to type the story I had to get done today.

I sighed, looking over at Audrey, one of my best friends. "I don't feel so good." Audrey looked over at me, furrowing her eyebrows. "Is it about the flowers? Is your boyfriend really that protective of you?"

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Yes, he is. Plus, people normally take a hint when you're dating someone. You never make a move."

Audrey chuckled, beginning to type once again. "Well, you never told anyone but me about you having a boyfriend. I would tell Ralph now before he gets any other ideas."

I gulped, nodding my head as I slowly turned my head to look at him. I shivered as his eyes made contact with mine. He was creepy to say the least.

I just hoped this all would blow over soon before Brendon finds out. I know he won't be happy about this.

~~~~~~

(Brendon's POV)

I sat down at my desk, going through a couple of the papers that had been laying on my desk for the past couple of days. 

To be honest, I was ready to finally get promoted, but I had to work in my current position for about another week. I can't handle this kind of work anymore.

Not to mention, it's tedious and the fact that I'm gonna be taking over soon makes me anxious. I sighed, thinking about pushing myself harder.

With the promotion, I'd be able to buy a house for both Sarah and I. We'd live there and begin our family. We'd have two dogs and no kids. Well, that is, if she doesn't want kids.

I could just picture it. We'd be the perfect couple on the block. Everyone would envy us. I smiled to myself, writing down some of the finances on the paper.

We're just a step away from being together forever.