Chapter 11

It was around midnight and I couldn't find myself falling asleep. Hell, I couldn't go to sleep, even if I tried. What happened earlier today continued to play in my mind and I couldn't help but feel stupid.

Sarah just moved here and I already ruined the friendship we had started. Way to fucking go, me! I groaned, bringing my hands up to my face. 

I turned on my side, looking out of the window. The stars were actually out tonight, which surprised me. I had this theory when I was younger that when the stars came out, there was good luck in the air.

I pursed my lips. That would've been nice, if that was true. I rolled onto my back, then looked at the ceiling. All I was thinking about was Sarah. I couldn't wrap my head around the destroyed friendship we now have.

I sighed, slowly closing my eyes. I need to go to sleep. I need to get her out of my head.

~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up really early. I glanced over at the clock, the bright red six sticking out to my eyes. I slowly sat up, running my hair through my fingers.

The sun peered through the see-through curtains, blinding me as I turned to get out of bed. I sluggishly walked around the house in a pair of joggers and house slippers. 

I didn't care how I looked and I didn't care if anyone judged me. I'm me and that's all that matters. I grabbed my phone from the charging station, looking at my notifications.

There were a couple from my friends and one from Sarah. I rolled my eyes, finding myself tapping on the text from her. My eyes skimmed through the text, picking out words that truly mattered to me.

Once I was done with that, I put my phone down, not bothering to read any of the other texts I'd received. I might as well just go back to my one night stands.

I mean, I'll put up with emotionless sex for maybe a week or two until this fiasco gets better. I poured some of the coffee grounds into the coffee maker, then turned it on. 

I just want Sarah in my arms again. When she hugged me, my heart came to a complete stop. When we kissed, that's where I thought my life was over. She was perfect.

She was everything to me. The coffee machine beeped, but before I could pour it out, there was a knock at the door.

I slowly made my way over to the door, then unlocked the door. When I opened it, I wasn't expecting to see Sarah standing there. She looked down at the ground, playing with her thumbs.

"I saw that you left me on read and I feel like I should explain." I closed my eyes, mentally cursing myself for doing that. "I really do like you, Brendon. I just had no idea what to do in that moment."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You like me?" Sarah nodded, then took a deep breath in. "I just think that we're moving too fast. We need to slow down."

I nodded, leaning up against the door frame. "Of course. I-I love you too." 

Sarah slowly looked up and smiled at me. I think this is what I've been looking for.