Chapter 54

"I need closure, babe. I'm not accusing you of anything." Sarah turned around quickly, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Oh, really? The first thing you said when you came through that door was that I had done stuff with Ralph, which I didn't."

This couldn't be going any worse. All I asked was a simple question and Sarah started to say that I was accusing her of doing stuff with Ralph.

"No, Sarah. This is all wrong. I asked because I ran into him while grabbing lunch and he said that you were doing stuff with him a couple weeks ago. That's all."

She looked at me with that bitch face of hers. I knew I wasn't on her good side at the moment, but I just wanted answers. I'm not afraid to use force, either.

"Can you just tell me the truth? Nothing is going to happen with us, Sarah. I can see us being together for the rest of our lives. I just don't want anything hidden between us."

She huffed, rubbing her eyes. "Brendon, I-" I watched as she shifted a little. She was hiding something. "We shared a kiss. I wasn't into it at all and I was afraid to tell you. That's all."

I looked her in the eyes with a monotone expression written on my face. At least she was honest with me and didn't try to hide the fact that Ralph was right.

Even though the man was dead, I still wanted to stab him over and over again. "Sarah, why didn't you tell me when it happened? I would've said something to him."

Little does she know, he's dead. "I was worried that you would get upset and start a fight with him. I hate confrontations, especially over me."

I nodded, making my way towards the front door. Ralph's body was still in the back of my car and the last thing I needed was to have my car smelling like a rotten body.

"Where are you going?" I turned to face Sarah, a small smile on my face. "Dallon invited me and the guys over for a bonfire. I'll be back later."

She nodded as I left. After I closed the front door, I couldn't help but mutter profanities under my breath. I hated that Ralph had interacted with Sarah. 

It also killed me that I wasn't there to protect Sarah. I told myself that I wouldn't let anything happen to her, yet I let him kiss her.

I sighed, hopping in the car and drove off. I had planned to burn the body in the woods just about five minutes out of town.

Every bump I hit, I could hear the body in the back thumping around. I shook my head. If there was a car with a window open right next to me, I can assure you that they would call the cops on me.

Soon, I had reached my destination. I decided that it would be best to drive to wherever I was going to burn his body. I didn't need hikers to see me carrying a tarp with a body inside.

I found an open space behind some trees and parked in front of the path. I was going to do my best to hide what I was doing, so no one would get suspicious.

I began to throw sticks into a pile, then place some rocks around them. The last thing I want is that fire to get out of my control.

I brought out the lighter and gasoline from the backseat, then began sprinkling the gas on the sticks.

Once I was sure that everything was ready, I made my way back to the truck to grab Ralph's body. I started to pull him out, already feeling the dead weight.

They really weren't kidding when they said that when people die, they have a little extra weight to them. Huffing and puffing, I placed his body on top of the sticks, then put gas all over him.

I looked over my work, then grabbed the lighter. With a few flicks, I had a flame. I jumped back when I lit the pile on fire, watching as it sparked up.

I smirked to myself as I watched him burn. I had won the battle that he so desperately wanted to win.

Good riddance.