Chapter 8

I sat outside on my porch, the summer breeze hitting me as I sipped my coffee. It was a beautiful day and all the anti-social neighbors were out and about doing their own things.

I read my book in peace, occasionally looking up at Sarah's house. She was the only one who wasn't out doing anything and that concerned me. 

I flipped the page, noticing Sarah's garage open in the corner of my eye. I internally smiled, glad to see that she was alright. I would hate to see her stay inside on a day like this.

I clenched my jaw as I looked at what she was wearing. It was just a simple tank top with some shorts, but some how I managed to get turned on a little by this.

I'm a disgusting man. I watched as she pulled out a pair of gloves, along with some flowers. Ah, she likes gardening. That's cute. I took another sip of my coffee, watching her get everything set up.

I sighed, closing my book, getting a little tired of how the main character didn't shoot his shot with the girl he loved. Ever since I met Sarah, I've been reading romantic novels. I still don't know how to feel about that.

I continued to watch her as she began to dig a few holes in the ground, then place a couple flowers in them. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking closely at the flowers.

They were all the same color and type. To be exact, they were yellow roses. I nodded in approval to myself. Normally, women chased after the red roses or tulips. 

It was nice to have some kind of diversity with flowers as well. Also, this helps e out for when I buy her flowers. Nobody likes the color yellow and I don't really understand why.

I stood up from my chair, then began to make my way inside. Before I stepped inside, I heard her call my name. "Hey, Brendon!" I turned around, noticing the wide smile on her face.

I smiled back, waving a subtle wave. "Hey, Sarah! How are you doing?" She shrugged, looking back down at her plants. 

"Pretty good! Thanks, for asking! I'll let you go cause you seem a bit busy!" She giggled to herself, then continued to plant some more flowers. 

I chuckled, then made my way inside, closing the door behind me. I sighed, shaking my head. I've fallen too hard for the girl.