Chapter 10

As the movie went on, I felt Sarah snuggle into me. I bit my lip, letting my thoughts run wild. I knew my heart was in the right place, but my mind definitely wasn't.

I shouldn't be feeling this way towards a girl who I haven't even known for a week. It's best not to get too attached to someone who probably doesn't feel the same way towards me.

I looked down at her, watching as she giggled at one of Wade's jokes. God, why is she so perfect? I sighed, causing her to look up at me. "What's wrong?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Nothing. I guess I'm just...relaxed." Sarah furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean by 'relaxed'?" I chuckled, then took in a breath.

"I'm normally tense and uptight, but this little movie date of ours is calming me down." Sarah smiled, making the ends of my lips turn up as well.

She had me in her hands like I was silly putty. If I were to watch a movie or read another stupid romance book, it would be the other way around. Sarah would have the feelings I have for her, but for me.

"Well, I'm glad I was able to make you feel relaxed. We should honestly do this more often considering we're the only social neighbors on this block." I laughed, watching as her smile got bigger.

"You got that right." From there, it was silent. I could feel the tension building in the room and I didn't like it at all. I had no idea what to do.

I sucked in a deep breath, then spoke. "May I kiss you?" My eyes widened as I had realized what I had said. Sarah looked back at me, a clueless look on her face.

"What did you say?" I wasn't going to be a coward. I had to say it because I feel like she truly did hear me say it, but wants to hear me clearly.

"May I kiss you?" Sarah gulped, then looked away, the blood rushing to her cheeks. "You may."

I was shocked, but I couldn't be for long. Sarah placed her lips on mine, making my heart beat faster and faster. I mentally cheered myself on, but frowned once it ended.

"I-I...that was weird. I-I feel like we shouldn't have-" I nodded, cutting her off. "Yeah. I feel like we're better off as just...friends." She nodded along with me, making the tension build back up again.

"Uh, yeah. I'll see you some other time, Brendon." I nodded, watching as she quickly got off of the couch, then walked out the door.

Well, it seems like I'm royally fucked now.