Chapter 39

I looked at Sarah, watching as her lips tugged into a smile. "I love you, Bren. It may be a bit too early to say that to you, but it just feels right to me."

I felt my heart stop. In fact, everything around me stopped in that moment. Sarah had felt the same way towards me. I could feel the smile itching onto my face.

"To me, it's never too early to say I love you, Sarah." I leaned down placing a short kiss on her plump lips. It would only be a matter of time before we reached home base.

For right now, I was fine with being on second and third base. I didn't want to rush this relationship and end up crushing it. 

I backed out of the kiss, my body hovering over hers still. I could see the desire in her eyes and that made me want to rip off her clothes and do the dirty, but I had to be patient.

Sarah ran a hand through her hair, sitting up. "It's getting pretty late and I have work in the morning." I got off of her, allowing her to stand up.

"I'm glad we went on our date, even though the restaurant ordeal didn't work out." Sarah nodded, rubbing her hands up and down my upper arms.

God, this woman is driving me crazy. "Me too. We're problem solvers already." She giggled, leaning in to peck me on my lips.

"Do you really have to go?" Sarah nodded, a little pout on her face. "If I didn't, you know I would just keep you up all night."

I clenched my jaw, chuckling lowly. I could feel my area grow a little. "I'll call you tomorrow, alright?" She nodded and grabbed her things before heading over to the door.

As she opened the door, she looked back with a large grin on her face. "I love you." I smiled back and gave her a small wave.

"I know."