Chapter 15

"I don't know, Sarah. I think we should just-" She cut me off with a sigh, then shuffled around whatever room she was in. 

"Stay there. We can talk in person." With that, she hung up the phone. I groaned, taking the pillow that was under my head, then slammed it on my face. 

If I'm being honest, I do love her, but I don't know if I truly want to work any of this out right now. After a few minutes, there was a knock on my door.

As I made my way over, I stopped when I saw it open, revealing Sarah. "Sorry, but this honestly can't wait with me." I bit my lip and nodded, pointing to the couch.

"I know we said that we didn't want to rush things, but I can't help but like you, Brendon. I wish it wasn't like this, but it just is."

I nodded, sitting down on the chair across from her. "Well, I think we should just get to know each other first, Sarah. Trust me, I do like you, but we need some time first."

Sarah nodded, then stood up. "Fine." I bit the inside of my cheek, getting upset with the way she was acting. "Let's do something Friday, alright?"

She nodded, then made her way towards the door. "See you then." Sarah closed the door behind her, allowing me to think in peace.

Maybe she's just sexually frustrated. I have no idea. All I know is that you really can't rush things like that. I just find that so stupid.

I walked over to the couch, then laid back down. I was finally going to get some sleep no matter what anyone told me. I sighed, closing my eyes.

I was in my office building, looking out the window. It was raining just a little bit and I was looking down at all the brightly colored umbrellas.

Getting bored of that, I looked across the street, seeing Sarah and that man from earlier. She was giggling at whatever he had just told her. 

I balled my fists, wanting to go over there and kill him just from his small action. I clenched my jaw and continued watching as Sarah playfully punched him in the arm.

That's when they stopped and looked into each other's eyes. They slowly leaned in and I could feel my heart start to beat faster. 

When their lips touched, I made my way out of my office as quickly as possible, making my way outside. Once I got to the lobby, I looked around at everyone, who was watching the same thing as I was.

One of my fellow employees looked over at me with a sorry expression on his face. "Mr. Urie, I'm sorry that you have to see that. I thought that you and your wife were perfect together."

Wife? Oh, no. I felt the anger boil up inside me, trying to get out. I began to walk towards the crowd, pushing them away, so I could get through.

No one was allowed to touch her. If anyone did, they would be dead within seconds. Sarah was mine and shall stay that way for as long as we both live.

When I finally got to the door, I tried to push it open, but I had no luck. I tried again and again, still getting the same response. My heart beat picked up, beating faster and faster.

I watched as the man pulled her closer, causing her to laugh once again. Sarah looked over at me, pulling off the wedding ring she had on her finger. 

She threw it on the ground and everything slowed down. I watched as the ring made its way to the ground, shimmering even in the rain.

Once it hit the ground, I felt a pain in my chest, causing me to have a hard time breathing. I looked around at everyone, pleading for help silently, but they all went back to doing their own thing.

I fell to the ground, looking up at the ceiling as the pain took over. This was it. My life was over.

I jolted up, feeling the sweat roll down my forehead. Thank god that was a dream. I hope that was just a dream and not some kind of message for the future.