Chapter 24

Looking through social media wasn't fun at all. I never understood why people took pictures of their food and looking at the posts now, I really don't want to know. 

I had found Sarah's account on Instagram about five minutes ago and what was weird was the fact that she was public. I checked into all the accounts she was following, seeing that they were all private.

It was obvious that those accounts were her friends and family, but how come she didn't have a private account? Does she want to be seen? Does she want to be heard?

I scrolled through her posts, stopping when I reached a post with her and some guy kissing. I looked down to the caption, clenching my jaw.

"Can't believe it's been a full year with this one. He's a keeper." Really, Sarah? I shook my head, my eyes accidently looking down at the date of the post. 

My jaw dropped. This is what she was hiding. We haven't been dating a day and she was cheating on this guy with me. I bit my lip, slamming the laptop closed.

The voices in my head starting to grow louder. I ignored them, not wanting to hear them scream at me to do something I don't want to do.

I was upset that she was using me because her boyfriend didn't pleasure her. I know how these things work because I've down it before. 

I walked into my room, my eyes locking on my phone. I sighed, trying to let all the anger out before I did what I was about to do.

I picked it up, scrolling to Sarah's contact. My thumb hovered over it and without thinking it through, I pressed it.

I heard the faint ringing, tapping my foot as my anxiety grew with every passing second. "Hey, Brendon. Is something wrong?"

I huffed, closing my eyes. "I need to know something, Sarah. I was hoping that...you'd want to go on a date with me on Friday." Way to go, Brendon. You fucked it up.

Sarah laughed, shuffling around. "You disturbed me just cause you wanted to ask me on a date?" I bit my lip. "Yes. I-I just thought we could get to know each other better."

Sarah cleared her throat, then sighed. "I'd love to go on a date with you, but I'm afraid I have something going on Friday. Could we do it Saturday?"

My mind instantly thought of that picture and that made me want to throw my phone across the room. She doesn't love me like I thought she did. 

"Sure. If you don't mind me asking, what do you have going on Friday?" Sarah's end of the line went silent, making my mind race with what she could be doing.

"I have a family birthday party to go to." I nodded, then remembered she couldn't see me. "Alright, well, goodnight." I hung up quickly, not wanting to hear what she had to say to me.

It seems like I'll be looking into this guy and going to a "family birthday" on Friday.