Chapter 17

Coordinates are hard to track, but I'm glad Dallon taught me how to use them. I sat in my car, watching as the rain fell at this late hour of the night. 

I was waiting for Victor to finally make his move. From the information I received from Dallon, he was out partying with some of his friends because one of them is expecting a baby boy.

While I sort of hate what I'm about to do, I really don't at the same time. He deserved this. I just had to keep telling myself that before I back out. I don't want to seem weak.

I looked up at the bar at the perfect timing, watching as he walked out, opening up his umbrella. I grabbed my knife and stepped out of the car, following him a couple feet back.

I really didn't know what I was doing, but I have watched a bunch of murder mystery shows, so I think I have enough knowledge. Victor looked down at his phone, chuckling at something.

I rolled my eyes, not really caring what he could possibly be laughing at. I was also upset with myself for not bringing an umbrella like the idiot I am. 

My hair was all over the place, getting in front of my eyes. I slowly started picking up my pace, wanting to get this done and over with. 

I think he heard me cause he turned around and furrowed his eyebrows. I looked down at the ground, not wanting him to see my face just in case he made it out of this alive.

I was tired of playing the stupid chasing game. I needed to get home and see how Sarah is doing. I stopped walking, taking a deep breath in to calm myself down.

I started to run, causing Victor to look back at me once again. I pulled the knife out from behind my back and the look on his face was priceless.

The guy had no idea this was coming. Once I was close enough, I slammed him up against the wall, then pinned his arms behind his back. 

He struggled to get out, but had no chance against my hold. I chuckled to myself, then took a deep breath in. "Sorry, while I would like to hear your last words, I really don't care what you have to say."

He tried to scream, but I shoved the knife into his lower abdomen, leaving him speechless. As he gasped for air for a few minutes, I decided that I couldn't wait much longer. 

I slammed him to the ground, then hovered the knife over his throat. He looked up at me with pleading eyes, begging for mercy. I closed my eyes and bit my lip, slitting his throat.

Almost immediately, he stopped moving. I opened my eyes, looking down at what damage I had done. Watching as all the blood poured out from his body, I started to feel my heart beat faster and faster.

It wasn't out of panic. Oh, no. I felt a wave of excitement wash over me. I had done it and no one was around to see what I have done. I smiled to myself and walked away, leaving his body right where it was.

I wasn't worried about the police and the investigation since I was going to keep the knife. It would be one of those memory keepsakes everyone has.

I smirked, getting into my car, and drove away feeling content. I wonder how Sarah will react knowing that Victor is out of her life for once and for all.