Chapter 44

Ralph Spencer is a name I haven't heard in a while. That's a good thing. I clenched my jaw, thinking about the last time I saw him.

*Flashback*

My friends and I were hanging out at the park just across the street from Ralph's house. His family was quite rich and every kid dreamed of living in a house just across the street from the park.

It had been the day after Ralph had gotten his tenth detention and his parents weren't having it. "Do you think his parents are finally going to send him off?" 

I looked over at Spencer, shrugging my shoulders. "If I was him, my parents would have sent me off after the first detention." Spencer sighed, taking another hit off the blunt.

I couldn't help but look over at Ralph's house. The kid was a nice guy, but just had trouble paying attention in class. If anything, I hoped he didn't go to military school.

Everyone that comes back from there is such a tight ass. You can't have any fun with them. I sighed, turning my attention back to Spencer and Ryan.

"Want a hit, Bren?" I nodded, taking the blunt away from Ryan. Just as I was about to take a hit, my eyes locked on a black Chevy stopping in front of Ralph's house.

All of our attention was on the singular house. Everyone who was at the park had stopped what they were doing, paying close attention to what was going on at Ralph's house.

A man in an all black suit stepped out of the car, adjusting his sunglasses as he made his way over to the other side of the car.

Ralph's front door opened, revealing his mother and himself. His hair had been cut off, a buzz cut style. My jaw dropped at the sight of him.

He was really going off to military school. I turned to look at Spencer and Ryan, their reactions were the same as mine. 

We watched as the boy walked down the stairs, meeting the man in the suit at the bottom of them. They began talking, then the man grabbed Ralph's suitcase.

Ralph began to look around, his gaze stopping when he saw me. I tilted my head, still watching him. With a cold glare, Ralph took a finger and dragged it across his neck, his eyes not leaving mine.

The man in the suit came back, motioning for Ralph to get in the car. Once he did, the car immediately drove off. 

To this day, I still have no idea why he did that. I shook my head, looking at the time. Sarah should be coming home soon and when she does, I'll be asking her a couple of questions.

I sighed, taking a sip of my beer. Ralph's back and he's already up to no good. I promise to keep Sarah safe, no matter what it takes.

She's mine and I don't like to share.