Vol. 3 CH. 9 - A reunion of Master and Student.....

Start from the beginning

"Likewise Kuro. I see that you brought quite a large ride there? I did hear you saying about gathering minerals"

"Yes, well, if you permit us, we shall begin the extraction immediately. But if it's impossible, we will search for another place"

It was no good to step on the tail of a dragon. Kuro knows it by experience after all. Though he didn't regret his actions back then.

"It's no problem with me then. I'll point you to a place where I don't care even if you went wild. But don't step in other places okay?"

"Yes, understood. I will keep that in mind"

Ashna was smiling when she said that but it was obvious that she wasn't joking when she gave the warning. Kuro made a conflicted smile as he let go of Ashna's hand.

"You got friendly very easily"

"I learned from experience to make sure not to underestimate anyone I meet. That person is not something even I can face"

Kuro and Gaius spoke to each other while walking. The people with Gaius were looking a bit scared as they watch Kuro in front of them. A large Lion type beastman wearing a black military uniform wasn't something you see everyday.

Furthermore. Kuro was taller and more muscular than Gaius.

"How many people are staying here?"

"A little over a thousand. It's a combination of refugees from destroyed towns and villages as well as the ones that received injuries when they interact with the hero Taiga"

As Gaius told the situation of the settlement to Kuro frowned a bit. He did here about the result of Taiga's deeds but he didn't think it was this bad.

The more Kuro hears, the more his face looked bad. For someone who experienced many discrimination from other people, Kuro understood how to live in this kind of world. However, he never had heard such atrocities because the perpetrator was a hero.

Kuro and his men passed through a number of houses. From there. people standing outside were looking at Kuro and his men with tired faces.

Were their tired of hating those Demon Spawn or were they simply not that interested in condemning them anymore after being treated so harshly by the hero they believed in?

In any case, Kuro wasn't so cold hearted to leave alone people in need before his eyes. He might have done it in the past but, if it's him now, he would lend a hand regardless of who they are.

Kuro suddenly stopped walking.

"Kuro-dono?"

"Gaius-dono, tell everyone to vacate the premises and board the ship. There is a medical ward inside that has enough High grade potions for everyone"

"Eh?"

Kuro ignores Gaius's bewilderment and continued to walk. He then took out his [Comms Link] and told the captain about his order.

However.....

[There are people trying to get on Mordred sir!]

It seems another unexpected event has come to hinder his plans.....

———

"Oi Taiga! Just where are we—"

"There!!"

With an energetic gesture, Taiga pushed his horsed towards the direction. Over yonder was a menacing black ship. Its metal hull was overwhelming. The large cannons and turrets were truly a magnificent sight to see.