“I’m so happy you like it here. Tell me everything in details.” Auntie Sana urged.

  Yasmin seemed so excited about the classes she was going to attend and the people there with her, I wanted to sit and listen to her stories but I had to go make dinner before Ayman returned from his job.

  “Iman, come give your old uncle a kiss. I’m leaving.” Uncle Adam called for me in the kitchen.

  “You are not staying for dinner?” I asked wiping my hand from the water then giving him a hug.

  “Lea is waiting for me.” He kissed my cheek.

  “Tell her not to prepare anything for tomorrow. I’m going to come early to help.” I said with a smile knowing that now we have other guests, thanks to Auntie Sana, and we had to prepare a feast.

  “Don’t worry about it, Iman. We are getting the food from Qaddir’s place.” Uncle Adam smiled. But I frowned knowing that Uncle Adam’s financial state wasn’t that great to start with and all the baby preparations they were having as well.

  “Don’t worry about it kiddo.” He kissed my head.

  “Oh, Adam. I hope you don’t mind but I invited two of my British friends to tomorrow’s dinner.” Auntie Sana said too casually.

  “You have British friends? When did that happen?” Uncle Adam asked raising one eyebrow amused.

  “Yeah. You know them. Mazen and Holly, they work with Iman.” Auntie Sana said it like it was normal to be friends with my co-workers, whom I’m not even that close with myself. But I had bite my tongue before saying something that I would regret.

    “Okay,” Uncle Adam seemed a bit confused but recovered fast, “of course they are welcome.”

  “Jessy, I-I need to show this cool game on my computer, up in my room.” Youssef said all of the sudden. That boy was really weird at times.

  “I have to get going now. Don’t want to keep Lea waiting any longer.” Uncle Adam kissed Auntie Sana then said his ‘Salams’ and left.

  Sighing, I found myself alone in the hallway. Auntie Sana went up to the guest room while Youssef and Yasmin went to see whatever Youssef was talking about and that’s when my heart felt like it was drowning with worry.

  Even just thinking about how tomorrow was going to go, made me nervous and a bit dreading the whole dinner.

  I’m just hoping it goes well.

     ****

~Youssef’s P.O.V~

  My heart rate was going by so fast I felt like my chest was about to explode. The second I heard Auntie Sana mention who she invited to tomorrow’s dinner panic took over me.

  She said she invited Holly. Did she mean my Holly?

  The second Jessy and I reached my room, we entered fast closing the door behind us, “Does Auntie Sana know Holly? Or was she talking about another girl named Holly?” Please say she meant another girl.

  “She meant Holly Holly.” She replied and that’s when my heart stopped. Why would Auntie Sana invite Holly over? How does she even know her?

  “Mom met Holly and Mazen in the discussion and they talked.” Jessy answered my unspoken question.

  What am I going to do? If Holly comes and sees me she is going to act like my girlfriend in front of everyone and Ayman would literally make my life a living hell. And if I asked her not to come she would be pissed, especially after the way I ditched her last week without calling.

  She wouldn’t understand.

  “What am I going to do, Jessy? Ayman would literally kill me.” The words left my mouth before consulting my mind.

  “He is not going to kill you.” She rolled her eyes, “I bet he would understand if you told him how much you like her.”

  “You don’t know Ayman.” I chuckled sarcastically.

  “You don’t give him enough credit.” She scoffed defensively. What’s her problem?

  “I learnt the hard way not to tell Ayman anything. He literally locked me in my room this whole week because I came home a little late. What do you think he would do if I told him I was on a date?”  

 “Oh,” was all she managed to say.

  We both fell into silence as my mind was racing with the worst cases scenarios.

  She would come tomorrow and tries to hug me or give me a kiss which I would definitely avoid making the situation all awkward. She would get hurt and leave then breaks up with me for being a jerk for the second time this week.

  Or, she would come in casually but says something she probably shouldn’t in front of my family getting me in trouble and most probably Ayman would get mad and embarrass me in front of her then make me break up with her.

  In both cases we would end up breaking up, even before we start dating.

  “I have an Idea!”

   ***

A/N

Heeey lovely people.

Hope you like this, not so much going on but yeah I’ll try to update as fast as possible :)

Much love xx