Chapter 50

*50 chapters and 50K reads, whaaat*

**

~Iman’s P.O.V~

  We’ve been in the hospital for at least an hour, the doctor say she’s still not dilated enough which’s why we are all still here, waiting.

  “In Sha’ Allah she will deliver soon a beautiful healthy baby.” Yasmin said to break the tension.

  “In Sha’ Allah, let’s keep making Dua’.” Mazen’s mom said reading some verses of the Qur’an.

  The silence in the room gave me time to think. I can’t believe Mazen just proposed to me. It was perfect, with my family and his lovely family there and the words he said were just too much for me.

  Mazen was such a great guy as well. He was handsome, religious, funny, protective, understanding, close to his family and just overall perfect. He’s everything I always dreamed in my future husband when I imagined him.

  So why didn’t I jump at the opportunity when he proposed? What was stopping me from saying yes?

  “Iman?” Uncle Adam whispered in my ear, snapping me out of my daze. He pointed his head to the hallway away from everyone and I followed him.

  “I know that look. What’s on your mind my child?” Uncle Adam asked with concern.

  Taking a deep breath I knew I could trust Uncle Adam with anything so I decided to share my thoughts with him, “Just about what Mazen said back in the house.”

  “What about it?” Uncle Adam asked with patience and curiosity.

  “Well,” For the first time in my life I was out of words with my Uncle. I couldn’t word my feelings to him, I don’t even understand them myself.

  “Is it all too much? Too sudden?” He asked noticing my loss of words.

  “Yeah,” I nodded. He gets me without even having to say a word.

  “It’s completely normal. You never had any relationship with a male who wasn’t family before. You were very reserved, and probably Ayman and myself are a reason for that. We can be a bit over protective at times.” He chuckled and I smiled listening to his words.

  “But you are at a beautiful age now when you have to find a partner. Someone to spend the rest of your life with and we have to accept that. Lay off a little with you. That doesn’t mean we won’t watch you and take care of you, it only means we are leaving you to your judgement which we trust.” He continued and I nodded.

  “I don’t know if I’m ready yet Uncle.” I sighed feeling confused. How could he say he trust my judgment when I feel lost.

  Relationships were not something I even spared a moment to think about. It was a no no for me always and that’s how I kept it. Now all of the sudden I was being proposed to and I was expected to take it all in and give an answer when I can’t even wrap my head around what’s happening.

  “You’ll never feel ready my child. You are comfortable where you are, with your brothers. And marriage won’t even cross your mind until your responsibilities are done but it would be too late then.” He advised me with his fatherly words putting sense in my mind.

  “You were forced to grow up the day you lost your parents. I saw you become a beautiful woman before you were even a girl. You never had a crush on a boy, you never even went through what normal girls go through. You matured too early and you missed those beautiful years and now you are skipping your twenties too for your responsibilities and that pains me.”