Special Chapter 32 : A Woman's Intuition

Belated happy birthday to :
Jhazzie30 and ayangnepomuceno__09 ❤ -- Dyosa

*******************************
ASHLEY

NAPATINGIN AKO SA wristwatch ko. It was thirteen minutes past eleven in the morning. She was already thirteen minutes late.

Was she going to stood me up because at the very last minute she thought this meeting was not a good idea?

I hoped not.

Kailangan ko siyang makausap.

I slowly sipped my lemon juice at muling tumingin sa wristwatch ko. A minute had passed.

Denzelle Zia Suarez was late.

I sighed again, more of frustration. Kinakailangan ko talaga siyang makausap ngayon.

Denzelle Zia Suarez. Siya lang naman ang blogger na unang nag-post ng picture namin ni Rome sa blog niya kaya na-pick up ng mga celebrity reporters. Ito ang impormasyong nakuha ni Ravino Calma o Mang Vino, a tough and serious-looking private investigator introduced to me by Lance Villarosa.

Apparently, Denzelle Zia or Dezi to her friends was a famous-in-her-own right blogger. She was a writer and self-proclaimed film and food blogger-critic. She has half a million followers in all her social media account because she was effortlessly witty and funny.
Libangan lang niya ang pagiging blogger. She was fresh out of college and worked full time in a bank as a Corporate Planning Associate.

When I contacted her thru private message and ask for a meeting, she easily agreed to meet me.

Bukod-tanging si Miranda lang ang nakakaalam ng meeting ko kay Dezi ngayon. That when I told Miranda I needed it for my peace of mind, she easily gave her support.

It was a woman's intuition. Parang may connections whatsoever si Dezi to whomever.

Huwag lang may kinalaman si Patty sa pagpapakalat ng pictures ko with Rome kung hindi pagbubuhulin ko ang mga bituka nila.

Tiningnan ko ang picture na s-in-end sa akin ni Mang Vino. Dezi was dark-haired, charming and beautiful in exotic way. I did not know pero bigla kong naalala sa kanya si Kendall Jenner. A petite Kendall Jenner.

I impatiently drummed my fingers on the table and looked at my wristwatch. Sixteen minutes had passed. Damn her!

Maybe she really did stand me up. Fuck her
.
I pressed Miranda’s number.
“I think she stood me up--“ agad kong sabi kay Miranda pagka-hello pa lang niya. “I’m thinking of leaving now--“

“Fifteen minutes pa lang--“

“Sixteen minutes, Miranda. Going seventeen,” I interrupted her, a little pissed.

‘Wag lang mag-iinarte ang Dezi na ‘yan sa akin. Tatalakan ko talaga siya sa private message ko sa kanya mamaya.

Natawa si Miranda sa kabilang linya. “Ash, you’re already there. Nag-effort ka ng magbigay ng oras. Sayang naman kung aalis ka. At saka, seventeen minutes pa lang naman ang nakalipas. For all we know baka on the way na siya at na-traffic lang--“

Napatingin ako sa pinto nang biglang bumukas at iluwa ang isang babaeng petite, wearing a pair of butterfly sunglass, denim shorts and off-shoulder purple blouse and beige thong sandals. She had a Marc Jacobs camera sling bag.

And I guessed she was Dezi Suarez.

She was exotically beautiful.

I rolled my eyeballs. I was not insecure. I was pissed because she let me wait.