DBH Markus x Fem! Reader - Sending a Message

Author's Note: Greetings, here's another Markus x Fem! Reader chapter based on the chapter Capitol Park just for you, the wonderful audience. Please enjoy. :)

Since I don't own Detroit: Become Human, a YouTube link will be provided below.

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/R7h92mct9lk

_______________________________

It was November 9, 2038 and the group was back at Jericho, discussing the next plan of action after Markus's broadcasted message was trending online and on local news channels all over Detroit. Josh started the conversation as the white noise of a news channel discussing the broadcast played in the background, "Our broadcast is all over the news. Now humans know..."

"It was a mistake to reach out to them." North spat out as she lounged on a seat with her arms crossed over her chest, the attitude of a petulant pre-pubescent evident in her demeanor, before she brought forth her argument for why the plan you came up with was a bad idea, "They'll never negotiate with their slaves. We should have shown them that we're prepared to fight."

"Violence is never the answer. Dialogue is the only way. I'm sure the humans will listen to us." Josh countered in his arguments for why the plan was a good one as you tried to play the mediator while sitting on a desk a couple of inches away from the two androids, "North is right, it's too early to say what the humans will do, and they may not be willing to give androids their freedom. If it comes to a fight for Jericho and we have to defend ourselves, we may need to use violence, so it's not completely outta the question...But Josh is also right because if we acted violently, androids would be what they're portrayed to be on TV and radio: Erratic, dangerous...I'm not saying my plan was the best plan at the time, but we had to at least try...I know I'm human and I'm not perfect, and I know my plan cost us a team member, one of which was my friend. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for what happened to Simon, but the plan was the best shot we had at getting humans to sympathize with you." As tears stung your eyes, you squeezed them shut so you wouldn't cry in front of everyone and appear weak. If you were to be a leader of Jericho, you had to be strong and show that you were worth something in this group. You had to prove you weren't the weak link in the chain and if that meant downplaying your emotions, then that was what had to happen.

However, Josh saw right through it as he offered a gentle pat to your shoulder while he nodded solemnly, "Simon paid with his life, but it was not your fault. He cared for you as a friend and he loved you as such. It was his choice to save you, so please don't attribute what happened to him to a shortcoming on your part. You have more value in this group than you realize, so don't ever downplay it. Simon wouldn't have wanted that..."

Accepting the comfort, you gave a soft smile to Josh as you pulled yourself together for the sake of Jericho before North interrupted with such curt statements directed at Josh, "Simon gave his life for our cause!"

"What difference does that make?!"

"He's a hero! He died for the revolution and he won't be the last."

"I don't want a revolution that spills blood!"

"Then live as a slave! Because if you're not willing to fight for your freedom, maybe you don't deserve it!"

"North, don't you dare-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Markus shouted to end the argument as Josh and North separated themselves from each other's personal space before you pleaded, "Guys, please. If we fight amongst ourselves, Jericho will fall apart. Despite the differences we have, if we wanna succeed, we have to work together."

"I hate to admit it, but (Name)'s right." North huffed as she inhaled deeply with closed eyes before she softened her expression towards Markus as her eyes opened again, "And now, what are we gonna do?"