DBH Connor (RK800) X Fem! Human! Reader - Partners on the Case

Author's Note: Greetings, ladies and gentleman. This is Sakuraaeris1497 with another fanfiction for Detroit: Become Human, this time with the lovable cinnamon roll cop Connor and his respective female reader. I hope everyone enjoys the fanfiction and as always, comments and requests are welcome.

———————————————————

You wondered when Hank would arrive to the station to begin work since you hadn't seen him since yesterday. You constantly worried about him ever since he lost Cole since you knew he was doing everything in his power to drink himself to death or attempt suicide, mainly because he was the number one father figure who helped raise you and train you to be a good cop when your own father was gone. However, Hank was going to do whatever Hank frigging Anderson wanted to do and you had to be respectful to him. After all, he was an adult who could make his own decisions and you knew that nothing you did could change him.
But it didn't mean that you stopped worrying for him because Hank gave you anxiety and fast heart palpitations most days with his rash actions.

But as you sat at your desk, lost in your thoughts, you suddenly heard a deep, clear voice with concise diction as they responded, "Excuse me?" Snapping your head up to meet the eyes of the voice, you took your elbow off the desk and your hand away from your cheek before you smiled kindly at the android who stood in front of your desk. While you knew Hank hated androids because of what happened to Cole, you actually believed that androids should be loved and treated like people since they appeared and acted as such. It was a constant debate with you and Hank but it never broke off your relationship and you both had your reasons for feeling the way you did on the matter. So it was no wonder that you were kind to the formally-dressed android as you smiled and asked, "Yes, what can I help you with?"

"I'm looking for Lieutenant Anderson and Sergeant (Last Name). I've been assigned to a case alongside them and I'd like to leave right away for it." The male android responded as you suddenly got lost in his chocolate eyes and his cute yet still masculine face. However, his question snapped you out of your thoughts as you never broke eye contact with him while you answered, "Hank isn't here right now. He's probably at a local bar nearby though."

"Do you know which bar?" The android asked with his hands behind his back as you shook your head, "Unfortunately, Hank frequents them all so I wouldn't be able to tell you on any given day." However, you started grabbing your coat and scarf so you could put them on your person while you smiled at Connor, "But if you'd like, I can help you look for him."

"Thank you, Ma'am." The android nodded as you two took off down the hall to make it to the front entrance before you turned back to the male android as you asked, "And you said that you were also looking for Sergeant (Last Name)?"

"Yes. That would be correct."

"Well, it seems as though you have good luck since I'm Sergeant (Last Name). However most people just call me (Name)." You replied as you held your hand out to the android for him to shake while he stared blindly at your palm for a few milliseconds. He didn't know what to do in this moment since it wasn't in his normal program, however, he had researched somewhere that returning a handshake was polite and helped gain trust with the person who gave the handshake. Therefore, the android gave a solid grip to your hand because you were his partner on the recent case and you were willing to help him find Hank. In the way the android grabbed your hand, you felt like you could trust this male with your life as you nodded with a gentle smile his way as he introduced himself too, "My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife."

"What a handsome name. I like it and I think it suits you well." You grinned widely with a wink of your (eye color) iris as you finished the handshake with Connor before the android stared at you in awe. Honestly, the brunette couldn't get enough of looking at you as he didn't know what emotions were coming over him whenever he looked at you.  Sure, he had just met you only today, but there was something about you that seemed special, serene, loving. However, Connor could also see something that no one else saw since they didn't have body scanners. While a smile was ever present on your face, your eyes held a melancholic pain to them, a type of deep sadness that Connor couldn't quite pinpoint the cause of. However, those same eyes also held a warmth to them that made Connor proud to be your partner on this case with you and Hank.