DBH Markus x Fem! Human! Reader - Couples' Costume

Author's Note: Here's another oneshot for all you lovely people. Please enjoy the beauty that is Markus with you, his lovely human girlfriend.

________________________________

Four months had elapsed since you and Markus first started dating and the relationship was still going strong. Sure, it wasn't perfect and you two did have your little squabbles, especially when Markus was injured by anti-android protestors but brushed it off as nothing or when you got hurt by Leo while defending Markus, but you two managed to live with the fact that you were both independent beings who would stand up for the right thing even if the other partner worried about the defender's safety. Since then, Carl displayed his artwork that he made based on you and Markus at the art show, which was well-received by fans and critics alike except for the common nay-sayers, the constant art critics who believed that Carl had no talent whatsoever and the bitter protestors who believed that androids shouldn't exist. However, you and Markus marveled in delight at how everyone loved it as you smiled at the large canvas together, making comedic remarks about the occupants of the event who either didn't recognize you and Markus from the painting or just pretended not to care. However, you and Markus savored the beauty of the painting as you gazed lovingly at one another the entire night while Carl couldn't help but smile at your true love.

Three weeks had passed since you attended your great uncle's special event and another wonderful thing occurred. Before the opening night of your musical, the director decided to throw a costume party at their house since it was very close to Halloween and because they wanted to help celebrate the musical and how well dress rehearsals were going. As soon as you got the email alert on your smartphone that let you see the electronic invitation, you were already thinking of costume ideas until you thought about Markus. You didn't want to go alone without a date because that would be no fun and you didn't want to go without your boyfriend. That would be very hurtful to do to someone you loved so much and putting yourself in what Markus's position would be, you knew you couldn't go to that event while he had to stay at home without you. At the same time, you knew androids wouldn't be allowed at the director's house since many of the cast and crew despised the poor beings who didn't ask to be created to do manual labor so humans didn't have to. However, you had an idea on how to conceal Markus's identity as you rushed to the living room after getting off from work and taking a quick shower. Immediately, you encountered your great uncle Carl, who was sitting in front of the chess board before he greeted you warmly with a grin and asked you to play one game with him. When you asked where your boyfriend was, Carl answered that he wasn't supposed to say anything per Markus's request but that he could tell you that the android was in the art studio planning a little surprise for you. Therefore, you obliged to your elderly relative's request for speed chess even though you knew you weren't that good. However, you had learned better moves from both Carl and Markus ever since you started living with your great uncle, which gave you better skills when playing the cherished game. This only made you more confident in your strategic moves against your great uncle as you moved the silver pieces around to capture his gold while he attempted to do the same. Eventually, you hit the timer as Carl looked at the board alongside you before he exclaimed, "Ahhh! For the first time in months, you beat me. This doesn't normally happen."

"Well, I had great teachers." You joked while you and your great uncle laughed before he nodded, "That you did, my dear. I would tip my hat to you to congratulate you, but only if I had a hat."

"Perhaps I'll buy you one, Uncle Carl. A true ladies man could always use a nice hat." You retorted back with a point of your index finger to him and a click of your tongue behind a smile while Carl chuckled before he politely excused himself after remarking that Markus's surprise would be ready by this time. After thanking your great uncle for the speed chess game and telling him about the invitation, Carl announced that he wanted to collaborate artwork with other colleagues he knew from the good old days on the day of the party and gave you permission to take Markus with you as a bodyguard and companion if you so wished it. Administering to Carl a soft hug and kiss to the cheek in gratitude for letting Markus go with you to the party, you made your way into the art studio as Carl chuckled at your sweet, giving nature.