Assassin's Creed Deimos x Fem! Reader - Artemis & Apollo; Archery & Healing

Author's Note: Greetings, everyone. This is Sakuraaeris1497. I know it's been so long since I've written something, so I decided to go back to the Deimos story since their adventures with you the reader (The Athenian noblewoman Krysanthe) have only just begun. Therefore, I'd like to present the next chapter. Please enjoy and as always, comments and requests are welcome.

Fair warning: This chapter will be very long so please bear with me. I wanted to include everything here rather than split them up into two separate oneshots along this storyline because it made sense for Krysanthe. Also just to rehash from the last oneshot, the relationship Krysanthe shares with the male Deimos is a romantic one while the relationship she shares with the female Deimos is a platonic friendship.

________________________________

Alexios! Deimos Version

It had been a few years since you had been taken to the Sanctuary at Delphi, the origins of the Cult of Kosmos. You knew not of the whereabouts of your siblings, although there were rumors of a naval captain resembling your brother Zale being seen somewhere off the coast of Mykonos with a crew of his own Athenian soldiers gone rogue in order to fight the Cult. The Cult even thought they had caught your sister only to realize it was just an innocent civilian, leading them to release her with a bag of drachmae and the threat to keep quiet or else suffer deadly consequences. This still gave you hope that your family would defeat the Cult and come back for you. This still made you continue to push on, for your siblings and your people. You had to stay strong for them; you couldn't give up now. Your father and the Cult was very pleased by your obedience, so more privileges were given to you by the leaders of the Cult even though some of those associated with your captors believed you would somehow betray them. But how would you? If you even tried to run or form a coup, you would be caught and executed as soon as you told someone your plans in confidence. That's why you remained silent and meek, trying your best to please those who distrusted you and be a good companion to Deimos.

In those few years you spent with Deimos, you rarely saw him due to his long hours of heavy training. However, what little you did see of him, you tried your best to be kind and stay out of his way as you helped mend his clothes, clean your shared room, and cook some of his meals. Hypervigilance was your friend and carelessness was your enemy, so you took the utmost care not to set Deimos off. He didn't have the best control over his temper or his fists, after all. Even the members of the Cult remarked at how strong and unpredictable Deimos was as a child and that they feared what he would become now that he was a grown man. However, in all the time you spent with him, he never once laid a harmful hand on you. It was actually a breath of fresh air in comparison to the harsh, cold, bitterness of your father and his unhappy home, especially after your mother died for unknown reasons when you were just a child. On one particular evening, Deimos came into the shared room with you as he shed himself of his heavy, golden armor while you portioned a hearty soup into bowls for yourself and your companion. Setting the bowls down on the stones that acted as a makeshift table and chairs, you bowed your head low for the man as you greeted him warmly, your beauty fully blossomed into that of a grown woman of your day and age, "Good evening, Deimos. How was your training?"

"Same as usual. Weak little sheep walking into a lion's slaughter...I'm surprised they were even recruited." Deimos huffed as he pulled off the last piece of armor from his chest and laid it down in the corner of the room nearby while you kept yourself tight-lipped until a thoughtful response could be crafted in your head. You really didn't want to incur the wrath of Deimos with a response that would trigger him, so you chose your next words carefully. A mistake in syntax and semantics might become the dried ink on your death sentence. Taking a deep breath, you looked to Deimos sincerely as you scooted his soup bowl over to him before you answered in an innocent tone, "I'm sorry you had a boring day. I hope a formidable opponent comes to face you soon." A beat of silence followed your response, then another. All you could hear was your heart pounding in your chest, and not in a good way. Was it better that Deimos was silent after you spoke? Not necessarily. The eeriness of him not giving a direct answer always made you more nervous since you never knew what to expect with him. It would've been better if he would've just answered at a decent pace like a normal person. However, it always seemed like Deimos was testing your answers every time, looking for any shred of dishonesty or deceit in your words or actions only to find none, regardless of how many times he tested you upon your arrival. To you, it was a matter of life and death. To Deimos, it was a matter of loyalty or betrayal. At long last, Deimos's answer came as soon as the breath was inhaled into your body, awaiting harm or a need to be afraid, while he nodded slowly with the slightest smirk, "My thoughts exactly. Shall we eat, cry baby?"