DBH Connor (RK800) X Fem! Human! Reader - Lunch Break at the Chicken Feed

Author's Note: Greetings, ladies and gentleman. Here's another DBH Connor oneshot for you guys to enjoy. This will be part one of the oneshots corresponding to the video game chapter The Nest, so I'll have part two up shortly once I'm done writing it.

The choices I made for the dialogue for this oneshot and all Connor oneshots are choices I made in the game when I played it, so I'll provide another YouTube link to the original dialogue to avoid plagerism since Detroit: Become Human doesn't belong to me.

Link = https://youtu.be/xVEPpwqQh5k

———————————————————

After losing Kara and the little girl back at the road near the squat that the deviant Ralph hid out in, you and Connor followed Hank to a local food truck to take a breather and get a bite to eat. Parking in front of The Chicken Feed, you and Connor remained in the car and listened to the blaring heavy metal music while Hank hopped out and crossed the road, greeting the owner of the food truck politely before he began speaking warmly to an African-American man who was reclined against the counter of the truck. After a few minutes of sitting in silence, Connor turned around to get a good look at you since you were staring off into the distance blindly, as if your mind was preoccupied with something. However, the male android soon snapped you out of it as he asked, "Sergeant (Last Name), are you alright? You seem troubled."

"Oh, I'm fine, Connor. Please don't mind me. Just thinking about all the deviant cases that we have together and all the evidence we gathered." You grinned warmly at your partner as you brushed everything off, even when you knew that Connor would be able to recognize changes in your physiological reactions to your psychological state of mind and even when you also knew that he noticed the way you acted when you saw Kara and that little girl hug. Your suspicions were soon confirmed as Connor continued his interrogation of his partner's wellbeing, his hand reaching out to grip yours as he squeezed it to ground you back into reality and away from your inter-most thoughts, "Are you sure? I only ask because you seemed sad when you saw the AX400 and that human girl hugging once they crossed the street."

"Oh, well...I guess they just reminded me of my mom and I. But I assure you, I'm totally fine." You promised as you smiled at Connor, squeezing his hand back to ground him so he wouldn't have to be burdened with worry in regards to you. Figuring that you didn't want to talk to him just yet about the entirety of your life story, Connor backed off as he gave you a nod of acknowledgement and understanding, which you reciprocated promptly, before you both exited the vehicle and followed Hank shortly afterwards.

As soon as you and Connor stood beside him, Hank rolled his baby blues with a huff before he confronted your partner, "What is your problem? Don't you ever do as you're told?...Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle!" Giving a look like a kicked puppy with shining chocolate irises, Connor dropped his gaze to the sidewalk as he stood still with his hands clasping behind his back. After a few moments, Connor leaned closer to Hank with his head as he meant every word of his next sincere statement, "I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant."

"Oh wow...You've even got a brown-nosing apology program! Guys at CyberLife thought of everything, huh?" Hank joked with a chuckle as you gazed back and forth between the two men, smiling inwardly and outwardly since it seemed as though they were getting along better. It wasn't exactly perfect, given Connor's instructions to complete the mission assigned to him and Hank's extreme dislike of androids, but it was a step in the right direction. Who knows? One day, Hank and Connor could actually become great friends and field partners if the right conditions occurred 95-99% of the time they interacted together. You just hoped with optimism that such a probability could occur.