DBH Connor (RK800) X Fem! Human! Reader - Inner Demons of the DPD Lieutenant

Author's Note: Here's Part 2 of the Inner Demons chapter for Connor and the female reader, the wonderful sergeant that this lovable, adorable detective android falls in love with. This chapter will also feature Hank Anderson and will correspond with the Russian Roulette chapter of the game, which made me post a link below to the original content of the canon game. So please enjoy. :)

Link = https://youtu.be/f7NxePKXcaU

———————————————————————-

For a few minutes since around 7 AM, you and Connor scoured the streets to look for Hank at Jimmy's Bar, only to find that the man hadn't been there since the first time he met Connor before the start of the Carlos Ortiz case. Therefore, you thanked the lead bartender for his help as you returned to the car with a soft sigh while Connor still sat in the passenger seat to keep your car running, which allowed him time to listen to your radio where you had your phone plugged in and charging in the cup holder so it could play songs on shuffle using your music app. Overall, you could tell that Connor was enjoying your random selection playlist even though Knights of the Black Death wasn't playing but rather another rock band that had a lot of energy to it was blaring in the android detective's ears while he nodded his head a couple times to the beat. After a few minutes of smiling at Connor while he turned to you and remarked that your taste in music was amazing, you nodded to him and thanked him for such a sweet compliment
before you shrugged, "Well, this is Hank's frequent place to hang out even though he can go to any number of bars in Detroit. So the only other place I know he'd go is the park or his house, but we had a long day today. So he'll most likely be at home."

"So then we should probably see if he's home, but whatever decision you make is yours. You're the driver." Connor grinned as he attempted to make a joke, which caused you to giggle at his attempt since this android was really trying. Then, backing out of the parking lot, you drove all the way back to your neighborhood as you pulled into your driveway and parked your car on the pavement. Then, locking up your car and stuffing your keys in the front breast pocket of your leather jacket alongside your phone, you followed Connor across the street to Hank's house as you both looked around for signs of abnormality or disturbance in the yard or whatever you could catch sight of in the windows. After checking the living room windows and Hank's car only to find Sumo, a large St. Bernard laying on the living room floor and a messy vehicle interior riddled with junk food wrappers and bottles, you and Connor determined that there was no sign of danger as you whispered to your partner that the lights were still on, which only meant one thing: Hank was still home.

Walking to the front door, you and Connor stood under the awning to avoid the pouring rain even though you both had already gotten pretty wet before Connor allowed you to get Hank's attention first. With only slight worry and urgency in your tone, you rapped your fist against the door as you told your brain to be optimistic and not think of your previous nightmare while you called out to your father figure softly, "Hank? Hank? It's me, (Name). Captain Fowler called several minutes ago so we have a case to solve. May Connor and I come in?"

Silence followed your question for a couple minutes as you looked to Connor before you decided to call Hank's phone a fifth time. When all you got was his answering machine, you decided to let Connor try his hand at getting Hank's attention as the male detective called out to his and your partner while knocking on the door, "Lieutenant Anderson? Anybody home?" When silence occurred again, Connor decided to ring the doorbell as his finger pressed down on the button, which echoed in the air with an obnoxious sound that resembled a final buzzer at a basketball game. For a third time, nothing but silence followed by the pitter-patter of raindrops on the awning were present around you and Connor as the male detective exchanged a glance with you. Shrugging at each other with growing worry evident in both of your facial expressions, Connor decided to try the doorbell again as he slammed his finger down harder on the button, letting the buzzer sound go off for a full 60 seconds or more until it seemed obvious that Hank wasn't going to answer the door.