Alex Mercer x Fem! Reader Oneshot 1 - Welcome to Renalia

Author's Note: Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. I'm so excited to finally write a oneshot for Alex Mercer and the Prototype fandom with a female reader of my own creation. For the purposes of the Prototype oneshot series, I will only focus on the first game and not the second game since I prefer that presentation of Alex's character better. However, I will try to stick to the canon of the first game as much as possible while adding my female reader insert in the story. I will also try to not make the canon protagonists, antagonists, and minor characters too out of character.

However, I hope everyone enjoys the first of many Prototype oneshots.

_______________________________

Many people have their own thoughts and feelings about the man known as Alex Mercer...Killer...Monster...Terrorist...However,most people don't know the truth about Alex Mercer, but you did. You were his neighbor at Renalia Building for a few years leading up to his "death" and subsequent identity as Zeus and the Prototype. This is how you knew him and his sister Dana. But with all good stories, it has to start somewhere and with Alex, Dana, and you, it all started with a simple bump in a hallway followed up with a sincere apology.

The day started out normal enough. Wake up at six in the morning, cook breakfast, answer emails, look over papers, all the works of a busy day. However, your step-brother's three children made your day all the more special. Ever since your step-brother started a family with his spouse, you were often given the privilege of watching them since you had helped your step-brother start his family through the use of science and the law. So just the idea of waking up in the morning to make them a hearty breakfast and journey around New York City with them made you proud to be a beloved aunt; it also made you wish for a husband and children of your own since you enjoyed the variety and spontaneity of memories that resulted from spending time with your step-brother's children.

Deciding to stay in your apartment and play board games with your niece and nephews after you were done with your work, you made sure every email was answered and every paper double and triple-checked for errors and correct answers before you brought out the games of your childhood and even some board games from the newer generation. After helping your niece and nephews make pillow forts and after settling for Go Fish and Scrabble, your nephews and niece played the best two out of three of rock, paper, scissors to decide what game would be played first. Needless to say, the girl won with scissors to the boys' paper and Scrabble was the game of choice. This prompted you to be the referee with the dictionary so it could be assured that no one was making up words in order to cheat to win. After a few hours of Scrabble, Go Fish was next, and the brothers were determined to defeat their sister, the eldest child and your niece Ally. And for a while, it seemed as though the twin boys would best their older sister. However, after being inspired by the memories of your childhood with your siblings and the current events occurring among your step-brother's children, you decided to play this game. In the true fashion of your role as a cool aunt, you schooled your nephews in the art of children's card games as you managed to get four of a kind three times by stealing back all the cards the brothers took from their sister. Since the rule that was agreed upon by everyone was get four of a kind three times, it meant you as the adult won.

After playing card and board games, you made some lunch for your step-brother's children before they all piled into the living room to take a nap. Deciding it was best to let them sleep, you thought it would be fine to go check and/or get your mail from your apartment P.O. box since your niece and nephews were taught to always look in the peephole on the door before opening the door but also to never open the door to strangers they didn't recognize. So, locking the door to the apartment, you smiled at your sleeping niece and nephews in passing just before you made your descent for the long flight of stairs.