DBH Connor (RK800) X Fem! Human! Reader - Run or Stay?

Author's Note: Greetings! Here's another Connor X Reader oneshot for Detroit: Become Human. I'm really enjoying writing for this video game and will continue to write more. So please enjoy! :)

The dialogue used in the game were actual choices I made in the game but they also do not belong to me. Therefore I will provide a Youtube link to the original content: https://youtu.be/cCmP2ZYScOk

———————————————————

Upon arriving at the Ravendale district, you and Hank got out of the car to be briefed by your colleagues in the field who were scouting the area while Connor remained by the car, standing still and quiet with his hands by his side. After a few minutes of gathering clues in regards to the AX400, you gave your findings to Connor after recording it in your tape recorder first while Hank continued to verify and triple-check all the information being given to him by his fellow men in blue.

At once, Hank came back to you and Connor with a touchscreen pad in his hand as he looked over all the accounts from his fellow officers before the male android tried to piece the scene together with a narrative, "It took the first bus that came along and stayed at the end of the line. Its decision wasn't planned; it was driven by fear."

"Well, it could've been on the run after killing its owner like Carlos's android did. Or it could've been trying to protect itself and or someone else. Either way, it somehow ended up here." You mused aloud as you tried to piece together a justifiable, concrete narrative before Hank scoffed with a roll of his eyes, "Androids don't feel fear."

"Deviants do. They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions." Connor retorted calmly to counteract Hank before the older detective shrugged, "Ah well, that still doesn't tell us where it went."

"It didn't have a plan and it didn't know where to go. Maybe it didn't go far." Connor suggested with broad shoulders and brown eyebrows raising up with every sentence to insinuate his next narrative while his chocolate orbs never broke contact with you or Hank. In the meanwhile, you comprehended Connor's investigation of the anecdotal evidence before you nodded in agreement with a smile directed at him, "Connor's right. He said that it was driven by fear, not strategy when it made a getaway...If I was scared and had no means to get money or food, I'd find the first abandoned shelter I could."

"Maybe." Hank shrugged lightly as he walked off to comb the area for clues before Connor noticed something near an abandoned house, which kept his eyes fixed on that spot as you followed his gaze with your own interrogation towards your partner, "Connor, what is it? What do you see?"

"I see blue blood on that fence. I'm gonna go check it out." Connor announced before you nodded, "I'll come with you; you might need backup." Giving you a nod of acknowledgement to your request, you followed behind Connor with a hand always hovering near your handgun in the event that you both were attacked as you stayed behind his back before he knelt down near a chainlink fence. Dipping two fingers into the blood before inserting them into his mouth for real-time analysis, you stared on and watched Connor's chocolate gaze perk up with his eyebrows as his LED spun around in yellow before returning back to blue. Immediately, you awaited his answer as you asked, "Anything?"

"The AX400 was here. Their blood is on the fence." Connor explained while you noticed a pair of wire cutters on the ground, which caused you to kneel down to pick them up as you pieced together another narrative that started to make more sense to you and Connor the longer you spoke, "Well, the rain washed away their footprints, but we still have the wire cutters they used to get through the fence. However, if it was just the android on the run, they could've hopped the fence without a lot of difficulty. But if they were traveling with someone else who couldn't hop a fence, then they had to cut it to get through."