Leonardo da Vinci (Assassin's Creed) x Female Reader

IMAGINE BEING A FEMALE WHO WAS SAVED BY A MEMBER OF THE ITALIAN OR OTTOMAN BROTHERHOOD

________________________________

Author's Note: Greetings everyone. I do hope that you have enjoyed my previous one-shots and Modern! College! AU headcanons for Assassin's Creed. Now, here is a special treat for the talented polymath and ally you meet in Assassin's Creed II, Leonardo da Vinci! Now, I am aware that he is depicted and implied to be homosexual in the game and even in history, which is fine. But for the purposes of this one-shot that I wrote on and off for several, the reader will be his female lover. So, I do hope that the fans enjoy it and please if you'd like to, leave comments below.

The following links are references for the poses that Leonardo puts the female reader in for his paintings and charcoal sketches of you:

http://www.jwwaterhouse.com/paintings/large/waterhouse_ariadne.jpg

http://lusile17.l.u.pic.centerblog.net/o/2b954fea.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RuS0lucREes/TxW_dXOiw4I/AAAAAAAAGqw/QbcyN-GCD5U/s1600/John+William+Waterhouse+-+Ophelia+resting.jpg

https://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/psyche.jpg

_______________________________

Since being adopted as an abandoned infant from the Ospedale degli Innocenti, with no recollection of your parents through memories or heirloom trinkets, you had always been a ward in the care of infamous Florentine thief, La Volpe. When La Volpe decided to take you in, he was an older man who may have still been able to move around well and continue his heists, but he was also an older man who had absolutely no clue about how to raise a child, especially not a little girl. However, he did try his very best because he was a patient, straight-up kind of man, someone who didn't trust most people so easily without a lot of proof of their true character but who somehow managed to trust an innocent baby who was abandoned in a brick building like trash. Without his kindness and help, you wouldn't have survived because a baby couldn't take care of themselves, so you were every bit grateful to God in Heaven above that La Volpe DID save your life.

Growing up around a legend who was claimed to steal from the Pope without detection or being able to see through walls with his violet eyes, no matter how infamous he was as a common petty thief, you admired La Volpe so much. Even though he seemed cold and mysterious without much time for a joking or jovial spirit, La Volpe actually had such a soft spot for you. Literally, the first time he saw you from afar on the rooftops being abandoned by a woman in a hooded cloak, he just HAD to do something because he just had a weird gut feeling that he should offer what little aid he could at the time. So, when the older man jumped down from the roof and cradled you in his large arms, he felt like he was holding a miniature loaf of bread in a pink swaddling cloth because you were born prematurely for your time period. But he also couldn't take his eyes away as you yawned and gazed at him with eyes of that were graced by heterochromia, which left them in the hues of (first eye color) and (second eye color), reaching out desperately for any sign of affection with your little fists flexing and relaxing in a rhythm as he obliged by handing you his large index finger with a small smile. From that moment on, you and La Volpe were always together, attached at the hip.

To him, you were like a precious treasure that he kept hidden in a cleverly-sealed underground sanctuary. La Volpe showed the most affection to you in private when he would tell you bedtime stories of his thievery as he tucked you into bed or rocked you in his arms while he hugged and kissed you as tightly as his large arms would go around your tinier body. After all, he still had his image to keep up as the leader of the Florentine thieves and a deadly Assassin of the Italian Brotherhood of the Creed. Likewise, you understood perfectly despite being so young and kept your private moments with your 'father' a secret from the other Assassins, courtesans, and thieves you grew close to over the years. This only made you want to learn his craft for yourself even though he tried to keep you out of his work as much as he possibly could to avoid you getting hurt because of him. However, when you saw La Volpe and your godfather (and most favorite visitor) Giovanni Auditore fencing around you to keep up their practice in case of Templar attacks in the city, you wanted to join in too as you practically begged your 'father' to teach you with puppy dog eyes and clasped hands to match pouted lips. Of course, La Volpe melted and gave in as he agreed to train you just in case he wasn't around to protect you from the dangers of his occupation. Deep down in his heart, he knew that he wouldn't always be there once you started getting older and wiser to combat his white lies about his work he told an innocent child like you to avoid you getting suspicious because you were very perceptive. Therefore, sword training was enacted the day you asked him as he started to teach you basics. And there was Giovanni, resting his elbows on the ring of the practice arena as he clapped for you and gave you genuine exclamations of 'Congratulazioni, figlioccia preferita mia (Congratulations, my favorite goddaughter)! You are the best at your craft because God has blessed you!' So, as far as you were concerned, you had been training relentlessly to be multitalented in combat with many different weapons and fighting styles ever since you first asked La Volpe to teach you his skills when you were five. The whole time you were being trained to be a fighter and even petty thief, La Volpe was always patient with you but very no-nonsense at the same time because he wanted you to truly understand that your actions in the field could and would get you in trouble with the law or put to death in the streets if you weren't careful. So it was very easy to take his messages to heart. You also remembered Giovanni being the best uncle to you when you were just a little kid before even considered having any of his own with his then-girlfriend Maria. Every time he came to visit or train you, he was always showering you with plenty of tender affection such as hugs and kisses as well as small, inexpensive gifts that were sometimes practical for combat and other times rightfully meant for someone your age to enjoy while you were still a kid. You even remembered Giovanni teaching you how to read, write, give eloquent speeches, learn the Bible (since he was a devoted Catholic), and use your clever intelligence to think ahead of your opponent as if playing a good game of chess, which always seemed to sink in with you because he was patient and calm as he spoke lessons to you.