Lara Croft X Fem! BFF! Reader Headcanons (Reboot Survivor Timeline)

Author's Note: Hello, ladies and gentleman. I'm so happy to present this headcanons series to you because I like Tomb Raider and this is my first time writing for it. Therefore, I'd like to present some headcanons where Lara Croft is best friends with the reader. Please enjoy and as always, comments and requests are welcome.

________________________________

*When you first met Lara Croft, it was through hanging out with your friend Samantha on the weekends in freshman year of college. Samantha thought you two might get along since she was already friends with both of you after getting to know you separately. It was honestly the best decision Samantha ever made when she got you two to hang out together.

*You and Lara immediately clicked upon seeing each other all the time in the library, where you bonded over different literature from the most simple and short to the longest and complicated classic novels ever created. Lara was also impressed that you knew Spanish, English, Braille, sign language, and Armenian but also due to the fact that you were an art history major alongside your minor of anthropology. But what made Lara grow closer to you as a best friend was when she saw that you could recognize different art pieces, cultural garb, and specific type of culture by the type of art style used in the paintings, mosaics, building architecture, carvings, or sculptures.

*She also thought you were unique as a person because she had never met someone who was Armenian even though she knew about the culture through history books. You being nice to her and being interested in her tomboyish hobbies such as archaeology and working out by doing kick-boxing was also a good sign that she could trust you as a friend.

*This was why when she heard about an excursion to Yamatai in Japan, she asked you to accompany her and Sam as well as the crew of the Endurance.

*Jonah and Alex took a liking to you right away because you knew your art but you were also kind and loved to laugh. Jonah also liked the fact that you were pretty and were always curious to know about his occupation as a superstitious fisherman. You also acted as wingman to Alex since you knew he liked Lara.

*The journey on Yamatai was hard on everyone involved, even you. Alex was lost while trying to save Lara (his crush since the start of the excursion), Sam was possessed by the spirit of Himiko, Grim sacrificed himself to give Lara a chance to escape, Roth took a axe to the back to save Lara, and Lara was permanently injured in her abdomen. You also had a permanent disfigurement across your back from an enemy slashing you with a samurai sword. However, you, Reyes, Sam, Jonah, and Lara made it out of Yamatai safely despite all the difficulties and hardships.

*Even after Yamatai, Lara tried to get her father's good name back on the map and prove that the Croft family legacy was something that needed to be treasured. You completely understood Lara's pure intentions since your backstory wasn't all perfect. As an infant, you were adopted by a lovely couple originally hailing from India who couldn't have children naturally, Mr. (Father's Name) and Mrs. (Mother's Name) (Surname). When you found out you were adopted, you wished to find your birth parents but had an unsuccessful journey in doing so before college since they both passed away at the scene of a car crash. And even with you being Armenian, your adoptive parents loved you and treated you as if you had always been theirs. Therefore, you actively helped Lara in her quest to jump-start her father's research findings on Kitezh and lived in her mansion to do so.

*But you were also famous for helping Lara get through nightmares with your singing whenever the PTSD of killing men to survive as well as losing the rescue pilots, Grim, Roth, and Alex became too much for her racing mind. It was one of the best qualities that she liked about you as her friend since your voice could soothe many a troubled soul even if you thought sometimes that you sounded like a wailing animal. You also cooked and cleaned Lara's home whenever she couldn't get around to it and you even helped her get out of the house to get her mind off of the horrific past of the Yamatai excursion.