The Eagle Bearer x Fem! Reader / Drachmae for You; Everybody Benefits

Author's Note: Greetings, everyone. I'm pleased to present a prologue to some oneshots I will do for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey since it's my new obsession on top of Detroit: Become Human. Since you can choose to play as either Kassandra or Alexios as the Mistios/Eagle Bearer while the other half-sibling is Deimos, I will write the oneshots as such. Depending on who is the Eagle Bearer in the oneshot, the female reader will have a choice in love interests too.

Nevertheless, please enjoy the first oneshot and please leave comments if you'd like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inspiration for the female mistios reader's outfit:

* Hooded Knee Length Chiton & Armored Arm Guards = http://supercineverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/WW-WonderWomanMovieHood.jpg

* Armor over Chiton = https://assets.pando.com/uploads/wonder.jpg AND https://wallpapersite.com/images/wallpapers/wonder-woman-1680x1050-gal-gadot-5k-hd-7572.jpg

*Hair = https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1c/0e/c3/1c0ec3d7410f6c7a222ef93015f1bf6f.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A shining spear with a tip as sharp as Artemis's arrows, striking through enemies with quick thrusts from a strong arm. A circular shield with silver and gold gleaming as bright as the grace of Athena to defend its bearer from an enemy's harm. Raven-haired and beautiful with warm skin kissed by the Mediterranean beams of Apollo and eyes as dark brown as the very clay used to create Pandora was you, a female mercenary who fought with shield and spear. Wearing a blue hooded chiton as dark as a shadow and armor of silver and gold over the dress that seemed to be made by the inspirational Amazons themselves, you are known as the female mistios who passes judgement upon corrupt leaders that bring death and destruction to their people. But it wasn't always like this because you were not always a mistios. Before becoming a mistios, you had a good life with your family until everything was ripped apart by corrupt, greedy people who sought out drachmae and power, scattering you and your siblings across the Greek world. Even though you were now free to go where you wanted and wield weapons whenever you wanted without the swift judgement of Athenians shaming you for not being ladylike, this was never the life you imagined for yourself but the Fates had something else in store for you. From Athens to Keos and all the way to Megaris, you went in search of something that you dared not to say. However, you didn't find what you were looking for during your journey on the high seas as a teenager, running from people you dared not speak of except behind gritted teeth of wrath with a look of daggers and fire in your eyes. Nevertheless, you still completed contracts for average citizens who had problems with corrupt leaders, contracts for the Spartan soldiers who helped you when you were in Megaris, and contracts for the pirate captain who took you into her crew after you paid her to help you escape Athens years ago. It made you enough drachmae to survive and it got you more experience with fighting. So when you got a contract to go after corrupt thugs working for the Cyclops on Kephallonia, you couldn't pass that opportunity up. As long as your spear got to pierce through a corrupt leader who brought death and destruction to their people, you were happy, regardless of how much drachmae came afterwards as a reward. And this was where your odyssey began.

You were now an adult woman in Kephallonia, youthfully beautiful but mysterious according to the anecdotes of the men and women who saw you, a walking armory dressed in shadowy navy blue. Traveling through the markets by the docks, you hoped to find information about the thugs and the Cyclops through eavesdropped conversations spoken by civilians passing by. If you were going to face dangerous thugs, you had to know what you were dealing with. However, a fellow Mistios dressed in navy blue rags with minimal armor of leather caught your eye; they carried a spearhead that looked as if it had been ripped right in half alongside a sword and bow, but their golden brown gaze was always fixeMistiosd on the horizon, posture indicating they were always ready for a fight. Noticing an eagle flying overhead close to the mistios, you figured they had tamed the bird to work for them since you had seen many land predators kept as pets by many mercenaries. But what surprised you the most was when you saw a little girl traveling with the mistios, which was not common among mercenaries to do since many didn't live long enough to have children or spouses, not even a quiet life away from mercenary work. With more thought though, you believed they could've been siblings. What drew you to them was the interactions between them, which reminded you of yourself as your own siblings before your family was torn apart and you fled Athens, but also the interactions they had with a merchant selling fresh food, which you just happened to overhear.