DBH Markus x Fem! Reader - Broken Bones; Prevailing Love

Author's Note: Greetings, everyone. Here's another Markus oneshot for Detroit: Become Human that coincides directly with the chapter Broken and contains small references the chapter From the Dead. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and as always, comments and requests are welcome. For the future of this oneshot series, I will continue to do Markus oneshots until they line up with the storyline at the Stratford Tower, then I'll branch off back to Connor oneshots until the two oneshots and their corresponding readers connect storylines that cause the good ending that I received in my playthrough.

YouTube Links:

Broken —> https://youtu.be/IVRl9sQm-R4

From the Dead —> https://youtu.be/Ph3LJU-qw6w

________________________________

A faint booming followed by a white-hot spark of lightning filled the early November skies of Detroit as streetlights flicked on the line of pavement to compliment the electric battle igniting in the air. The late night was dark but tumultuous as the self-driving taxi containing you, Markus, and Carl parked outside the artist's mansion. Markus had predicted evening showers earlier in the day, but so far, the rain decided to let you three find shelter in the house before its waterfall of downpours filled the concrete and asphalt with moisture. With a small chirp as you three reached the door, you all smiled warmly at each other as the friendly female tone was heard after one click of the door, "Good evening, Carl, Markus, (Name). Welcome back."

"That was by far the most boring party I've been to in the last 25 years. Every time I go to one of these, I ask myself: what am I doing here?" Carl remarked as Markus wheeled him to the front door to begin taking off his shoes, jacket, and other winter garb while you grabbed the items and helped your fiancé place them on the coat rack nearby. Then, turning to your great uncle as you laughed at his statement, a beautiful grin graced your features as you nodded with a smirk, "Well, I think a lot of people could say the same thing about other dumb decisions or situations, Uncle Carl."

"I hate cocktail parties and all the schmoozers that go there."

"Well, it's a chance for all those people who admire your work to meet you." Markus explained as he tried to make light of the situation by being logical before you shook your head, lamenting aloud as the two men stopped to listen to you, "Well, unfortunately, people just don't appreciate art for the sake of the craft anymore. They just make crappy pieces as quickly as possible that don't mean anything to anyone and show no thought put into it. Isn't that right, Uncle Carl?"

"Yes, my beloved great niece. All they care about is how much money they're gonna make out of it." Carl nodded back as Markus wheeled the elderly man into the living room while you followed behind, clutching Markus's bicep as you kissed his cheek and he kissed yours before your great uncle suggested, "Come on, let's have a drink! All the excitement of this whole thing has made me thirsty."

"I second that. Going to a boring party always calls for an uplifting after-party and an excuse for a drink." You agreed as you winked at Carl before he and Markus chuckled at your response, your sense of humor a welcome breath of fresh air after a stormy, boring evening that could've been spent better in the company of each other in the privacy of your humble home. Making his way to the wooden table beside one of the futons, Markus looked back at Carl as he asked, "Scotch, neat as usual?"

"Absolutely."

"And (Name), same or something different?"

"Just this once, I'll have what he's having. I never understood why he liked scotch since it smells like rubbing alcohol. But I'm willing to try it." You remarked as Carl smacked the back of your thigh by wheeling himself and his chair into you, causing a wince from your lips and a childish display of sticking your tongue out at him, before Markus warned the elderly man, "Okay...But you know what your doctor would say."