Teen! Sam Drake x Female Reader - Oneshot 3 - A Boy's Joy

Author's Note: Hey, all you wonderful fans and readers. Here's another oneshot to tie into the first and second one for Teen! Sam Drake x Female Reader. I hope everyone enjoys and please (if you'd like), leave comments for this oneshot since feedback is always welcome.

The following links are for the reader's physical appearance and sense of style from the Teen! Sam Drake adventures to the events of Uncharted 4.

Clothing Styles & Freckles (Princess Ariel, Princess Rapunzel, & Princess Belle): https://sakuraaeris1497.tumblr.com/tagged/modern-disney-princess

Hair (Sansa Stark's Hair Color): https://theoutsiderarg.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/sansa-stark-margaery-tyrell-sansa-stark-34448809-1024-576.jpg

Reader's Equestrian Sport Horse, Queen Anne:
https://straightfromthehorsesmouth2you.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/bay-horse-2.jpg

________________________________

Ever since that confession of love you whispered in Sam's ear over some pizza during a Star Wars film marathon, you and Sam had grown even more closer as time went on. It wasn't to say that you two weren't already close anyways, but by choosing to be reciprocated best friends turned lovers, you both supported each other and grew from your shared experiences together.

For example, whenever you would have a competition for your fencing team or equestrian team, Sam would always be sitting in the front row with your family, cheering you on. When you were training with your fencing blade or your auburn and black horse Queen Anne (who you named after a pirate ship because of your love for Sam and because she was a new horse you were borrowing from a friend of your father's, who used to do equestrian vaulting in the circus when she was younger) for an upcoming match, Sam never failed to be there to watch you practice and would even join in if you needed a sparring partner. Although he was a formidable fencing opponent, you would have some new trick up your sleeve that would knock him off his feet during a fencing duel, but with time, Sam did learn from you in order to fight better. Once, he even managed to get you onto your back before he held his blade to your neck, straddling you from above before leaning in for a kiss after pulling up his helmet, causing you to laugh and kiss him back after you lifted your own helmet up. While Sam was impressed by both your horseback riding and your fencing, he was actually in awe more whenever he saw you do gymnastics all over Queen Anne because when the positions you got into on the horse made it appear as though you would collapse and be trampled upon, you would always manage to get back up onto the saddle to ride again, giving Sam a mini heart attack in the process from his intense worry that you would get hurt. However, during one of your many equestrian practices, a loud noise from a construction site echoed throughout Boston as your horse started to buck and whinny while you tried to get control of Queen Anne. Were you scared? Of course. But could you show it? Absolutely not. Any horse rider knew that their steed could sense fear in their masters and would try to snatch control from the human if that human showed fear. Therefore, you buckled down and clutched the reins, calling for your horse to stop as Sam looked on in worry from his sitting position on the fence. While you did eventually get thrown from Queen Anne due to her being startled by the noise and Sam worriedly offered to take you to the hospital in case you had a concussion, you managed to snap back off the ground without pause as you stated the horse just got startled and that you both were fine before you got back on Queen Anne. You even went to the field medic on staff that day to make sure you didn't have a concussion to calm your boyfriend's nerves before she cleared you to ride again. In all his life, aside from his mother, Sam had never seen a girl so strong. So when he saw you fall off a horse or get smacked by a fencing sword when you were down only for you to get back up, he was beyond amazed. Your courage in the face of adversity in fencing and equestrian sports even inspired Sam to do the unthinkable and get on a horse as well since he never had done that before but he always wanted to try it for himself since he knew you rode since you were five. That's why you let him ride another horse your friend had, a pure black stallion by the name of "Sic Parvis Magna," or "Greatness from Small Beginnings" in Latin. It seemed as though Sam's lessons in Latin were paying off as he was impressed by both how much you retained despite no formal training in the language at school or church (since you were not Roman Catholic but were still involved in a Christian-based religion) and how you named a horse after his favorite Latin quote from Sir Francis Drake. After teaching Sam the verbal commands to use on this particular horse, you helped the man climb onto the black stallion as the animal whinnied with his head flying back once your boyfriend was straddling the saddle. However, while Sam was afraid of being thrown from the horse, he did not show it outwardly as he started to lead the horse around in a circle around the pen, with him bopping up and down in rhythm with Sic Parvis Magna's slow gallops. At the same time, you clicked your tongue to command Queen Anne to gallop forward faster so you and her could ride beside Sam and his stallion, neck-in-neck. As soon as you and Sam managed to get your mare and stallion into slow gallops on circles around the fenced pen, you looked to your boyfriend before you asked while trying not to bounce in your straddling position on the saddle, "So, this better than fencing or the same?"