Bodhi Rook x Chubby! Female Reader Headcanons

Author's Note: This is personal for me, so this is just a trigger warning for others who may feel the same way. But even though this is personal for me, I want everyone who reads this to know that people who truly love you don't love you just for just your thighs and your hips or a lack or excess thereof. They love you for ALL of you and if someone can't see past your physical appearance, then that person shouldn't be poisoning your life and mind with negative images and thoughts. You also shouldn't change yourself for someone else's satisfaction. If you wanna change yourself, please do it for YOU to make yourself feel good. But if you change for someone else, then you really shouldn't because if they can't love you one way or another, then please change your man/woman for someone who will accept you for who you really are and what you look like at any given time. God never makes mistakes and He certainly didn't make any mistakes when dealing with the creation of you or me. Please remember that you are all beautiful, smart, and funny in your own ways and no magazine or amount of social media can define your beauty according to society's standards. So please, if you need someone to talk to, please do so. Talking can help you cope and/or fix the life problems you face and it will help you not feel so alone.
________________________________

Bodhi Rook Dating a Chubby Reader Would Include...

*You were a member of the Rebel Alliance and worked as a nurse. You were gentle, kind, and hospitable, so the patients greatly respected and loved you. You were a natural at this job. But you were often caught singing to patients and teaching them how to read and play music as a form of therapy.

*Bodhi actually went to you for therapy to help him get over his trauma from being interrogated and tortured by Saw. Your singing voice was just enough to sooth him to sleep when nightmares plagued his every dream.

*You even helped Bodhi learn to play basic piano so he could learn how to sing basic songs. Eventually, you two upgraded to guitar so Bodhi would be more musically-talented.

*It wasn't long until Bodhi wanted to get to know you better. He wanted to know your likes and dislikes, what your favorite color was, what your favorite animal was, etc. You were also curious about the same since Bodhi rarely talked and when he did, he was so meek it's almost like he never used his vocal cords.

*As you two grew closer, you also grew closer to Rogue One (who all or most survived) and they treated you like a part of their family.

*However, you were unhappy with the way you looked, always comparing yourself to other women. One of the most common comparisons was to Princess Leia and Jyn Erso. You always thought your friends and your crush, Bodhi, deserved better. You had always felt this way since you were a teenager and society started to judge a person based on their looks.

*Chirrut was the first to notice your self-hatred in the Force and told Bodhi immediately when he sensed strong negative thoughts coming from your mind. He knew that you and the pilot cared for each other deeply and was only trying to help.

*As soon as Bodhi found out, he would race to find you. No matter what you were doing, Bodhi would make you drop everything and take you somewhere private so he could show you how much he loved you no matter what you looked like.

*The cinnamon roll of a pilot would always kiss you tenderly in every body part he could see and every body part he knew you hated to let you know how much he loved you. Sure, it would make you cry as his stubble tickled your skin because the gesture was so subtle yet so sweet. But Bodhi only wanted to prove that he wasn't repulsed by your body unlike other people who judged you without knowing you. He also wanted to show you that he didn't hate your body so that you would learn not to hate yourself either.

*He would even make you feel better somehow if he knew you were upset about your weight. If you wanted to lose the weight, he'd support you and help you train hard. If you didn't want to lose it, Bodhi would still support you. No matter what, this pilot has your back and your heart.

*He'd never let anyone mess with you and I do mean ANYONE. Bodhi may look cute and fragile, but don't underestimate the cute, shy ones.

*The entire team of Rogue One would also fight to the death to keep you safe or to make sure no bully got to you.

*If you had other insecurities aside from your weight, then Bodhi would still comfort you because he loves you and doesn't like to see you hurt. Just hearing you cry in a corner or seeing tears in your eyes right in front of him breaks Bodhi's poor heart enough to make him cry himself.

*If Bodhi was not around, other members of Rogue One come to your aid to comfort you. Most often then not, Chirrut or Jyn come to comfort you.

*Chirrut gives you wise advice about beauty being defined by selflessness and the good in one's heart and not by an outer appearance defined by other people's standards. Different people and different cultures means different standards for beauty.

*Jyn often tells you not to worry about what other people think because people come and go like smoke on a windy day. Why should it matter what a stranger thinks of you anyways? She's dealt with jerks her entire life, so she knows what it's like. However, she's never been critiqued for looks so she can't relate to you in that respect. However, like a sister, she constantly gives you encouragement by either giving verbal compliments or by showing you through physical demonstrations of abilities you downplay for yourself. The whole point is to make you feel better about yourself and see qualities about yourself that you never knew you had.

*If other members of the group are not around, Baze will try to help but he'll still need advice from Chirrut since he's not good with words.
*Cassian is a little bit more flirtatious, always complimenting on your beauty or other features and saying how lucky Bodhi is to have you. He always leaves you blushing because he knows it makes you feel better about yourself when your own friend has complimented you.

*K-S20 is sarcastic as crap when it comes to words, but he still attempts to make you feel better if you don't like the way you look or what you are capable of. He'll often tell you the probability of your bully getting punched in the face by someone else who happens to be the wrong person to be bullied, which always seems to make you laugh.

*Overall, Bodhi loves you for you and doesn't mind any features about you, even if you hate them yourself. He gets insecure too because he thinks you deserve better than a broken man like him, but you wouldn't have him any other way. You calm him of his insecurities too whenever he feels down.

*All in all, you and Bodhi look after each other because you both care deeply for each other. You would do anything to make each other feel loved and safe. Therefore, your relationship with Bodhi is always a good one.