The Power of Speeches - Poe Dameron x Female Reader

(Y/F/N) - Your First Name

(Y/L/N) - Your Last Name

(H/C) - Hair Color

(E/C) - Eye Color

__________________________________________________________

Author's note: This was a third anonymous request made to intergalacticimagines.tumblr.com when I was once a contributor to their blog as a Star Wars imagine blogger. Therefore, I decided to help them out by writing requests that they couldn't get to. Please enjoy! 😉😊🙂😍😘

__________________________________________________________

(Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)...Such a pretty name for such a pretty girl, especially with her white smile, (E/C) eyes that seemed to gleam in the light, and (H/C) tresses that always rested in a ponytail, braids of many kinds, or bun for her line of work. Motherly and wise beyond her years, she was a loyal friend who was a mechanic to the Resistance. She also loved cute little droids, especially the famous BB-8, who treated (Y/F/N) like a maternal parent and best friend. These reasons alone must've made one of the best pilots of the Resistance, one Poe Dameron, fall for (Y/F/N).

For the past few years, Poe and (Y/F/N) had been a dating couple that everyone, even the General, knew about it. Everyone thought the mechanic and the pilot made a good match that seemed to be made in the heavenly celestials of the Force; they were so cute and funny that it was like looking at an ideal romance that everyone wanted for themselves and the ones they loved. It seemed as though Poe and (Y/F/N) would be together forever until the end of their days as a prince and princess in a fairytale or an old married couple who would be sitting on a front porch watching their children and grandchildren grow up. With Poe's comedic charm and (Y/F/N)'s gentle, benevolent heart, they fit together like two puzzle pieces to make one complete picture.

After the great battle against the First Order, the Resistance returned home as every hero was welcomed back with open arms by loved ones, friends, and fellow comrades. (Y/F/N) was one of the ones in the crowd racing to be in the arms of her beloved as she literally tripped over her feet in a sprint. (Y/F/N) had never run so fast in her life as BB-8 rolled over to her with his beeps and boops echoing through the air while Poe's chocolate orbs widened upon seeing his lovely angel. At the same time, Poe took off running towards his woman as he quickly wrapped his long, muscular arms around his girlfriend's shoulders while (Y/F/N) wrapped her smaller arms around her man's waist. Then, with a slight dip to her physique, Poe leaned down from his taller height to kiss (Y/F/N)'s plump, pink lips with his slightly chapped kissing muscles of the hue of pink while her soothing fingers tugged on his ebony curls. With a slight moan, Poe deepened the kiss as his hand moved up to cup his girlfriend's head delicately to avoid hurting her on accident from all of his excitement until the two finally broke away for air. As soon as they had a moment to comprehend everything, (Y/F/N) cupped Poe's slightly-stubbled cheek in her hand before she hugged him again while gasping lightly with tears of joy pooling in her eyes, "Oh, my darling. Thank goodness you're safe. Welcome home."

"It's good to be home, especially if I'm with you, doll." Poe replied as he stroked his fingers across (Y/F/N)'s cheek before he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend's shoulders while he walked by her side inside the base. After getting checked for injuries by the hospital staff and being determined as alright, Poe and (Y/F/N) decided to have their own alone time away from everyone else as they spent it in bed. Kissing and cuddling was the final result of their time well-spent as they fell asleep in each other's loving arms.

Over the next few days, Poe and (Y/F/N) performed tasks around the base but they also visited Finn, who was still injured and unconscious after his duel alongside Rey as they went up against Kylo Ren. The dark-skinned male and former Stormtrooper was okay, but he was in a coma after the battle. However, the young couple would visit almost every day to make sure their friend was okay after all he had done for (Y/F/N)'s boyfriend and the Resistance. And after a few more days, Finn slowly awakened from the coma as he searched in vain for Rey, only to hear from Poe and (Y/F/N) that she had gone to find Luke Skywalker alongside R2-D2 and Chewbacca. Realizing that she was in safe hands, Finn quickly calmed down as he recouped from his injuries with Poe and (Y/F/N)'s help as he tried to get better so that when he saw Rey, the light and love of his life, again, he would look as he did when they first met, safe and in good health.