DBH Connor X Fem! Human! Reader - A Bridge Between Android & Human: Part 1

Author's Note: Here's another oneshot for DBH Connor (RK800) and the DPD sergeant he fell in love with, you. This chapter will correspond to The Bridge section of the game, so I'll provide a YouTube link below to the original canon content. Please enjoy :)

Link = https://youtu.be/ILM4LMuEgJU
________________________________

Pulling into a local park after stopping at a local store to get a six-pack of beer, Hank exited the car and found an empty park bench to sit on while you and Connor waited in the warmth of the vehicle. Still holding hands with gentle eyes and warm grins directed at each other, the familiar sound of Knights of the Black Death blared through the speakers, vibrating the vehicle with every pound of the drums, riff of the guitars, and screams of the lead singer. Contemplating all that happened at the Eden Club, you and Connor sat in silence in the car as both of you watched Hank, who was throwing back beer as if he was consuming water or air, before you looked back to each other.

At once, Connor did an internal scan of your body upon noticing your visible wince and the way you touched your abdomen ever so delicately with your fingers before he asked, "Are you alright, (Name)?"

"That Brown-haired Traci did a number on me back there. She just kicked me with her high heels in the abdomen when you grabbed the blue-haired Traci off that fence." You explained as you spoke through gritted teeth while your dominant hand clutched your hip and your free hand brushed against your sore abdomen while your male partner turned around in his seat. With concerned chocolate irises and an equally-worried expression, Connor's reaction was as genuine as an honest human's as he asked you again, "Are you sure you're okay, Sergeant? I can take you to a doctor if you need one."

"Oh, no, I'm fine and I'm not just saying that so you and Hank won't worry about me...The worst she probably did was bruise my abdomen, but hey, that's police work for you. Anytime you encounter criminals, there's always a chance of injury or death on the job because of a fight, but I knew this going into the detective business." You shrugged with a small chuckle exiting your lips as you laughed through the painful soreness in your abdomen and brushed off Connor's offer to take you to the doctor before you elaborated more on the topic of your injury so that you could make it clear that you weren't severely incapacitated, "Believe me, I've had worse injuries from falling off monkey bars and couches as a kid, so this is nothing. I'll just put some ice on it and take some aspirin when I get home. But I appreciate you asking me if I'm okay, so thanks."

"You're welcome, Sergeant. I noticed on my scanners that there was a bruise there too, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay since I don't like to see you get hurt." Connor responded with a soft smile filled with nothing but admiration, respect, and love for you before you exchanged a similar smile back while concern also laced your every word and facial expression in regards to your partner, "Well, I still appreciate you doing that, so thanks again. What about you, Connor? Are you okay? Those Tracis didn't hurt you, did they?"

"No, I'm okay. Androids don't feel pain."

"Well, I also wanted to make sure you were okay since you took an even worse beating than I did. Plus, I don't like seeing you get hurt either." You admitted as you pat Connor's shoulder, causing the male android to grab your hand so he could rub his fingers across the warm flesh that cradled his jacket perfectly. After exchanging another smile with each other, you and Connor both pulled away from one another before you made a smart suggestion on your next course of action together, "I'm gonna go check on Hank. You wanna come with?"

Giving a small nod to you, Connor followed you out of the car as you grabbed the keys from the ignition and locked it up so no one could steal it before you both walked down the sidewalk together. With snow fluttering down from the sky to coat your hair, clothes, and eyelashes like powdered sugar on desserts, you and Connor eventually got close enough to Hank so that he acknowledge your presence with a nod. Then, clinking his beer bottle up to the open air as if to engage in a moment of saying cheers, Hank took a big swig from the brown glass container before he stared out into the distance. From here, the city of Detroit looked so small and beautiful at night, especially with all the street lights outside shining and the snow creating a perfect backdrop of white to better contrast and display the colorful lights. But tonight, the lights and snow looked even more beautiful than they had on any other night you and Hank, even Cole and your father, witnessed them outside. Taking note of the scenery from his sitting position on the bench, Hank grinned warmly at you and Connor before he asked you, "Nice view, huh? I used to come here a lot before..."